Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 2, 2014
12:14:51 PM
View profile
Slow speeds over IPv4

I recently upgraded to UVerse Max Turbo 24mbps and am getting really slow connection speeds. I contacted support and they sent me a new NVG589 but it made no difference. I have tried using UV Realtime to test my connection but I get an error saying that it can’t connect to the gateway so I can’t see what my profile looks like. I have run speed tests from three different sites and all have put me at around 5.5mbps connecting with IPv4 but, when i connect using IPv6 I get the 24mbps. What is going on here and how do I fix it? Thanks. 

s. 

I recently upgraded to UVerse Max Turbo 24mbps and am getting really slow connection speeds. I contacted support and they sent me a new NVG589 but it made no difference. I have tried using UV Realtime to test my connection but I get an error saying that it can’t connect to the gateway so I can’t see what my profile looks like. I have run speed tests from three different sites and all have put me at around 5.5mbps connecting with IPv4 but, when i connect using IPv6 I get the 24mbps. What is going on here and how do I fix it? Thanks. 

s. 

Slow speeds over IPv4

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2014 6:23:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Maybe your IPV4 routing is different which produces the odd results. IPV4 could have you being routed through congested links.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Maybe your IPV4 routing is different which produces the odd results. IPV4 could have you being routed through congested links.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Slow speeds over IPv4

2 of 2 (126 Views)