Helpful Links

Slow-motion

Teacher

Slow-motion

Comcast/XFinity has had slow motion for many years. When I switched to U-Verse 2 years ago, it was the first time I have not had slow-motion. I had not asked during switch, as I thought this was a standard feature (as it should be), on all Czble svcs. Bad surprise!

Has there ever been an official AT&T response on this? When ckg all related AT&T web sites, there is never any mention. It is as if slow motion tech has never existed, anywhere.

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: Slow-motion

I have never read any official announcement from ATT about Slo Mo.  I guess we (those who are willing to) have to wait and see if it rolls out.

Message 2 of 7
Teacher

Rechecked yesterday, and even Tier 2 Tech not familiar with any plan to offer slow-motion replay capability.

Makes sense that this is never referenced in any way on any ATT web pages. It would be a distinct contradiction to the advanced, high tech, desired image.
Message 3 of 7
Expert

Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

agreed!!!!  when is the AT&T Uverse remote-DVR going to join the other TV providers and have a slow-motion and/or frame by frame feature? as a sports fan paying extra for premium channels like ESPN, it is a joke trying to use play-pause-play-pause!

Message 5 of 7
Expert

Double posting is a no-no:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Slow-Motion/td-p/3517249 Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 6 of 7

jim_suzuki wrote:

agreed!!!!  when is the AT&T Uverse remote-DVR going to join the other TV providers and have a slow-motion and/or frame by frame feature? as a sports fan paying extra for premium channels like ESPN, it is a joke trying to use play-pause-play-pause!

Probably because the demand for slow motion is so miniscule it's not worth the investment.  As for paying extra for "premium channels like ESPN" that is not a "premium" channel.  ESPN is included in every bundle except U-Basic which is pretty much locals and U-Family. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support