Slow Connection Problem

Voyager

Slow Connection Problem

Well i never had a problem with my connection until recently. I have my laptop like 10 feet away from the router right now and my connection aka download speed drops from 1.2mb/s to 200kb/s. When i move my laptop upstairs away from my router about 30 feet away or so my connection jumps all the way back up to 1.2mb/s. I can't just play on my laptop upstairs all the time because that is where everyone sleeps. 

I can't play anything in my room at all my connection just plumets to horrible connection even though i am closer to the router.

My router is 802.11b/g - 2.4ghz

My computer is on channel 9 other devices are connected to channel 1.

It is not the other devices i have connected because i played fine with them in the same position as they are right now. So can anyone give me a explanation on why my connection is better upstairs even though i am alot farther away from the router then when i am downstairs? 

P.S. Don't say it is the other devices because that is not the issue.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Slow Connection Problem

Hello, Chaplin!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your connectivity issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support