Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 7, 2014
3:22:58 AM
View profile
Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of ie8 on my computer

Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of IE8 on my machine.

ATT forced me to get fiber optics, and lied about what it would do on the phone. Now I'm stuck with in and neither IE nor Chrome will work. I tried to contact Ray Rathbun in your Exec Office, but he isn't there now.

I still have an old log in, called Att Yahoo Login, which opens automatically in IE. I can see my email in there, but can't browse. Everytime I open it up, I also get a popup from Yahoo Update Manager. Is it safe for me to delete these files/program? I DO NOT want to lose all my emails, of course. I know I can login on Firefox, just want to delete the IE part.

Pls advise.

Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of IE8 on my machine.

ATT forced me to get fiber optics, and lied about what it would do on the phone. Now I'm stuck with in and neither IE nor Chrome will work. I tried to contact Ray Rathbun in your Exec Office, but he isn't there now.

I still have an old log in, called Att Yahoo Login, which opens automatically in IE. I can see my email in there, but can't browse. Everytime I open it up, I also get a popup from Yahoo Update Manager. Is it safe for me to delete these files/program? I DO NOT want to lose all my emails, of course. I know I can login on Firefox, just want to delete the IE part.

Pls advise.

Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of ie8 on my computer

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 11:02:15 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @sally666,

I apologize for any of the inconveniences you are having. You can definitely delete IE if you wish. Just be sure to backup any information you used on it, such as any favorites you may have saved. Your AT&T E-mail is hosted by our servers, and not tied to the IE or any programs on your computer. Even after you delete those programs, your e-mails will remain on our server until you or a program you are using removes them.

Let us know if you encounter any problems, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @sally666,

I apologize for any of the inconveniences you are having. You can definitely delete IE if you wish. Just be sure to backup any information you used on it, such as any favorites you may have saved. Your AT&T E-mail is hosted by our servers, and not tied to the IE or any programs on your computer. Even after you delete those programs, your e-mails will remain on our server until you or a program you are using removes them.

Let us know if you encounter any problems, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of ie8 on my computer

2 of 4 (139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 2:47:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

You didn't answer my question. On my computer is a program called Yahoo software update, in my Control panel Add/Remove. Is it safe to remove it?

Also, in my task manager there is a program called Yahoo AU Service.exe. Both of these came from you, when you gave me my "free" email with Yahoo, which eventually turned into a bunch of ads surrounding and distracting from my email. (nice gift, btw).

Can I remove both these programs? I think IE is attached to the Yahoo, so that attachment will disappear. Is it attached in the program?

You didn't answer my question. On my computer is a program called Yahoo software update, in my Control panel Add/Remove. Is it safe to remove it?

Also, in my task manager there is a program called Yahoo AU Service.exe. Both of these came from you, when you gave me my "free" email with Yahoo, which eventually turned into a bunch of ads surrounding and distracting from my email. (nice gift, btw).

Can I remove both these programs? I think IE is attached to the Yahoo, so that attachment will disappear. Is it attached in the program?

Re: Since XP will now be ABANDONED by Microsoft, I want to delete all traces of ie8 on my computer

3 of 4 (117 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 3:00:09 PM
(0)
Community Support

My apologies @sally666. Yes, you can remove all the programs and it will not effect your e-mail, since it is stored on our servers. When you do remove it, you will no longer be able to access the e-mail through those icons, so make sure you have a way to access your e-mails through Firefox. You can easily do so by going to mail.yahoo.com and logging in with your user name and password.

-David T

My apologies @sally666. Yes, you can remove all the programs and it will not effect your e-mail, since it is stored on our servers. When you do remove it, you will no longer be able to access the e-mail through those icons, so make sure you have a way to access your e-mails through Firefox. You can easily do so by going to mail.yahoo.com and logging in with your user name and password.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (113 Views)