Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 8, 2013
7:25:50 AM
Signed up to Uverse TV/Internet Oct 8 using a referral link. Still have not received the 25.00.

How long does it usually take to get the 25.00 referral incentive?

Also I signed up for paperless billing and was supposed to get 10.00 and I haven't received that either.

Do I need to call AT&T or will it eventually come in the mail?

Thanks.

How long does it usually take to get the 25.00 referral incentive?

Also I signed up for paperless billing and was supposed to get 10.00 and I haven't received that either.

Do I need to call AT&T or will it eventually come in the mail?

Thanks.

Signed up to Uverse TV/Internet Oct 8 using a referral link. Still have not received the 25.00.

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:42:40 PM
(0)
Employee
Expect 8 to 12 weeks, both referees, and referrers have to do this, both get card...cannot receive if other does not participate.
Online only....following from http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=53599&cv=820

To make a referral

1. Complete the online program registration form at . 2. Follow the directions at to send referral emails. 3. Ensure that the person you refer registers for the program after activating their new AT&T service.

Referrals Referrals

If someone referred you

1. Activate new AT&T service on a qualifying wireless rate plan. 2. Complete the online registration form at . Referrals

What we do

1. Verify the referral to ensure it meets the program requirements. 2. Mail the rewards to both you and the person you referred.

Program timing

Verification of the referral will take up to 40 days. Once completed, fulfillment of the rewards will take four to six weeks.

Program requirements

The AT&T wireless Refer-A-Friend program is an online-only program, so you will need Internet access and your own email address to participate. Each member may only register one wireless phone number and email address in the program. By registering in the program you will be able to send referral email messages and track the status of your referrals on the program website at . Referrals made outside of the Refer-A-Friend program cannot be verified and consequently will not be eligible for any referral reward.
Expect 8 to 12 weeks, both referees, and referrers have to do this, both get card...cannot receive if other does not participate.
Online only....following from http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=53599&cv=820

To make a referral

1. Complete the online program registration form at . 2. Follow the directions at to send referral emails. 3. Ensure that the person you refer registers for the program after activating their new AT&T service.

Referrals Referrals

If someone referred you

1. Activate new AT&T service on a qualifying wireless rate plan. 2. Complete the online registration form at . Referrals

What we do

1. Verify the referral to ensure it meets the program requirements. 2. Mail the rewards to both you and the person you referred.

Program timing

Verification of the referral will take up to 40 days. Once completed, fulfillment of the rewards will take four to six weeks.

Program requirements

The AT&T wireless Refer-A-Friend program is an online-only program, so you will need Internet access and your own email address to participate. Each member may only register one wireless phone number and email address in the program. By registering in the program you will be able to send referral email messages and track the status of your referrals on the program website at . Referrals made outside of the Refer-A-Friend program cannot be verified and consequently will not be eligible for any referral reward.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Signed up to Uverse TV/Internet Oct 8 using a referral link. Still have not received the 25.00.

2 of 9 (787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 4:03:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, as I said I did the referral as I should. I followed the steps, I just wondered why I didn't receive the 25.00.

So it takes 2-3 months? Wow. Guess I'll wait until January and then start making calls.

What about the 10.00 I was supposed to get for signing up for paperless? I never saw that either. Ths.

Yes, as I said I did the referral as I should. I followed the steps, I just wondered why I didn't receive the 25.00.

So it takes 2-3 months? Wow. Guess I'll wait until January and then start making calls.

What about the 10.00 I was supposed to get for signing up for paperless? I never saw that either. Ths.

Re: Signed up to Uverse TV/Internet Oct 8 using a referral link. Still have not received the 25.00.

3 of 9 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 5:44:24 AM
(0)
Employee
Redemption Terms: Redemption details provided to customer by email within 5 weeks of activation of qualifying enrollment. Redemption requires customer to retain qualifying enrollment in Paperless Billing for a minimum of 90 days and at time processing of reward is completed.

The AT&T Reward Visa® Prepaid Card is not redeemable for cash and may not be used at automated gasoline pumps or for cash withdrawal at any cash dispensing locations. Card expires 90 days after issuance

http://www.att.com/standalone/get10/
Redemption Terms: Redemption details provided to customer by email within 5 weeks of activation of qualifying enrollment. Redemption requires customer to retain qualifying enrollment in Paperless Billing for a minimum of 90 days and at time processing of reward is completed.

The AT&T Reward Visa® Prepaid Card is not redeemable for cash and may not be used at automated gasoline pumps or for cash withdrawal at any cash dispensing locations. Card expires 90 days after issuance

http://www.att.com/standalone/get10/
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 12:26:49 PM
(0)
Employee

diddlydudette wrote:

As far as the referral program goes, it is all done strictly online. Unfortuantely there isn't a department you can call to get any resolution, but there is an option to email the support team by going here: https://referrals.att.com/common/help.pg. With the $10 Visa Rewards Card for going to paperless billing, if you've been on paperless for at least 30 days, you can redeem your reward by going to http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/deals/rewardsandrebates.html#fbid=30XdwDyYCkn and fill out your account information and you should receive the card in about 4-6 weeks.

diddlydudette wrote:

As far as the referral program goes, it is all done strictly online. Unfortuantely there isn't a department you can call to get any resolution, but there is an option to email the support team by going here: https://referrals.att.com/common/help.pg. With the $10 Visa Rewards Card for going to paperless billing, if you've been on paperless for at least 30 days, you can redeem your reward by going to http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/deals/rewardsandrebates.html#fbid=30XdwDyYCkn and fill out your account information and you should receive the card in about 4-6 weeks.

5 of 9 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 7:39:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you. I will email.

I never got any confirmation email after signing up for paperless. It's  been 2 months. I signed up for it.

It's like AT&T offers these incentives but you never know if you're getting them or who to call. Wish they would make things easier.

I know I signed up Uverse thru a referral link and I know for a fact I signed up for the paperless after being prompted that I would receive the 10.00. Got neither.

Oh well, thanks for the info. I will have to follow up with both I guess.

Thank you. I will email.

I never got any confirmation email after signing up for paperless. It's  been 2 months. I signed up for it.

It's like AT&T offers these incentives but you never know if you're getting them or who to call. Wish they would make things easier.

I know I signed up Uverse thru a referral link and I know for a fact I signed up for the paperless after being prompted that I would receive the 10.00. Got neither.

Oh well, thanks for the info. I will have to follow up with both I guess.

6 of 9 (735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 5:36:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

I emailed the referral dept via email since that is the only way to communicate with them as they have no phone number to actually speak with anyone.

They wrote back to me that the referral I used used an invalid acct number or wrote it wrong or whatever.

I then got in contact with my referral person and told them what AT&T said and they said their acct number WAS correct but they contacted the same people using the same email and using the reference number from my email.

I also wrote them again. We never heard back so we both wrote and replied again and still no response at all.

Why aren't they communicating. It can be a bit frustrating to not get any response at all from the email address and we aren't able to call them or communicate any other way.

That's not very good customer service.

I emailed the referral dept via email since that is the only way to communicate with them as they have no phone number to actually speak with anyone.

They wrote back to me that the referral I used used an invalid acct number or wrote it wrong or whatever.

I then got in contact with my referral person and told them what AT&T said and they said their acct number WAS correct but they contacted the same people using the same email and using the reference number from my email.

I also wrote them again. We never heard back so we both wrote and replied again and still no response at all.

Why aren't they communicating. It can be a bit frustrating to not get any response at all from the email address and we aren't able to call them or communicate any other way.

That's not very good customer service.

7 of 9 (620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:11:05 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello diddlydudette,

I'm sorry you're not getting a response to your email, when did you send it? It can take up to 2-3 business days for a reply, but our team may be able to help! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello diddlydudette,

I'm sorry you're not getting a response to your email, when did you send it? It can take up to 2-3 business days for a reply, but our team may be able to help! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 3:39:16 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by diddlydudette on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:44:15 PM

Here I am again asking for help. I just had a call from AT&T Uverse but they hung up before I could catch the call. They left no message and the caller ID number was AT&T's general number. I wished they had left a message.

It's a big mystery why there is no phone number to speak with anyone. lol  No one else seems to be trained to help and it almost impossible to talk to them or communicate with them. This reminds me of the big wizard behind the big curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

Oh well. I did leave my 20th message in the pm asking for someone to contact me. Maybe one day I'll get lucky.

ETA:  I'll share an email I got from the guy that referred me to Uverse. He and I are both trying to get this resolved but we've having the toughest time. Here is the email he wrote me today:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  It gets even more comical.  Long story somewhat shortened:

I Called in for some tech help - figured let me take advantage of it.  So I called, give him my account number.  Pulls up my account, so obviously the account number I am providing is NOT innacurate.  I ask him if there is any way I could have an alternate account number?  Nope.  Finish with him, explain the rewards problem and ask to speak with someone.  BINGO, he says no problem and transfers me to the "Rewards Department" FYI (877-258-1427 option 4, option 2).  

Talk to a girl named Tyler, completely unhelpful.  "we don't process that, it';s online only".  "I apologize, there is nothing I can do for you".  Tells me all she can do is connect me to customer service, but all they will do is connect me back to her department...  Tell her to transfer me to the cancellation department then.  Now Erica, her supervisor picks up...  "Sorry, it's all handled online, nothing I can do for you"  Then tells me she can transfer me to customer service "who can walk me through the details of the program"  Now I am livid - because it's obvious now they were going to explain to me how the program works - aka throw roadblock after roadblock as to how I didn't do the referral right...  Tell her to transfer me to cancellations then.

Finally a halfway normal person, Laquita who doesn't want me to cancel.  I told her don't bother, because I know how her script is written - she will throw up one roadblock after another to find out how I must have done something wrong.  She goes forward regardless.  How maybe I didn't refer you correctly.  Or you didn't sign up for U Verse.  And how you didn't register in time, or correctly.  How I haven't waited the 50 days for you to be verified.  Or how I need to wait 4-6 weeks after you have been verified.  Everything was about how "as long as you met ALL of the terms and conditions, you will get your rewards, just be patient".Thanked her for following the script exactly as I said she would, but please waive all my ETFs and we will call it even.  "Oh no sir, we can't do that".  Though she was stumped when I said "so I should maintain my obligation to ATT, but there is no reason for ATT to hold up to their obligation?"

She puts me on hold while she and her superior track down the rewards department.  15 minutes ANXIOUSLY awaiting the golden phone number that doesn't exist online.  I am salivating, ready to post it anywhere and everywhere so everyone can have this mysterious phone number.  Guess what?  THEY couldn't even find a phone number to talk to someone!!

but her supervisor insists they would never ignore my emails.  That what probably happened is I didn't send the email from the same email address I registered for the rewards program with.  I admit, it is possible.  How do I confirm my email address then?  Oh, so I just log on and check my profile?

Sure enough, it is the exact same email address I sent my emails from.  So cross that one off the list as a valid excuse.  Funny enough, know what happens when you use their form online to email them?  YEP, your email address is automatically filled in!!

So still nothing to report on my end.  Has someone since reached out to you as promised? 

Here I am again asking for help. I just had a call from AT&T Uverse but they hung up before I could catch the call. They left no message and the caller ID number was AT&T's general number. I wished they had left a message.

It's a big mystery why there is no phone number to speak with anyone. lol  No one else seems to be trained to help and it almost impossible to talk to them or communicate with them. This reminds me of the big wizard behind the big curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

Oh well. I did leave my 20th message in the pm asking for someone to contact me. Maybe one day I'll get lucky.

ETA:  I'll share an email I got from the guy that referred me to Uverse. He and I are both trying to get this resolved but we've having the toughest time. Here is the email he wrote me today:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  It gets even more comical.  Long story somewhat shortened:

I Called in for some tech help - figured let me take advantage of it.  So I called, give him my account number.  Pulls up my account, so obviously the account number I am providing is NOT innacurate.  I ask him if there is any way I could have an alternate account number?  Nope.  Finish with him, explain the rewards problem and ask to speak with someone.  BINGO, he says no problem and transfers me to the "Rewards Department" FYI (877-258-1427 option 4, option 2).  

Talk to a girl named Tyler, completely unhelpful.  "we don't process that, it';s online only".  "I apologize, there is nothing I can do for you".  Tells me all she can do is connect me to customer service, but all they will do is connect me back to her department...  Tell her to transfer me to the cancellation department then.  Now Erica, her supervisor picks up...  "Sorry, it's all handled online, nothing I can do for you"  Then tells me she can transfer me to customer service "who can walk me through the details of the program"  Now I am livid - because it's obvious now they were going to explain to me how the program works - aka throw roadblock after roadblock as to how I didn't do the referral right...  Tell her to transfer me to cancellations then.

Finally a halfway normal person, Laquita who doesn't want me to cancel.  I told her don't bother, because I know how her script is written - she will throw up one roadblock after another to find out how I must have done something wrong.  She goes forward regardless.  How maybe I didn't refer you correctly.  Or you didn't sign up for U Verse.  And how you didn't register in time, or correctly.  How I haven't waited the 50 days for you to be verified.  Or how I need to wait 4-6 weeks after you have been verified.  Everything was about how "as long as you met ALL of the terms and conditions, you will get your rewards, just be patient".Thanked her for following the script exactly as I said she would, but please waive all my ETFs and we will call it even.  "Oh no sir, we can't do that".  Though she was stumped when I said "so I should maintain my obligation to ATT, but there is no reason for ATT to hold up to their obligation?"

She puts me on hold while she and her superior track down the rewards department.  15 minutes ANXIOUSLY awaiting the golden phone number that doesn't exist online.  I am salivating, ready to post it anywhere and everywhere so everyone can have this mysterious phone number.  Guess what?  THEY couldn't even find a phone number to talk to someone!!

but her supervisor insists they would never ignore my emails.  That what probably happened is I didn't send the email from the same email address I registered for the rewards program with.  I admit, it is possible.  How do I confirm my email address then?  Oh, so I just log on and check my profile?

Sure enough, it is the exact same email address I sent my emails from.  So cross that one off the list as a valid excuse.  Funny enough, know what happens when you use their form online to email them?  YEP, your email address is automatically filled in!!

So still nothing to report on my end.  Has someone since reached out to you as promised? 

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (403 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments