Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 14, 2013
11:00:51 PM
View profile
Sign the petition for AT&T U-Verse to improve their HD picture quality.
Edited by Taylarie on Apr 15, 2013 at 5:55:31 AM

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Need I say more?

No one should have to pay an extra $10 a month when other providers offer vastly superior picture quality for no extra cost.  Do something about it.  AT&T U-Verse has had inferior picture quality since it was first launched.  Clearly they plan to do nothing about their poor picture quality seeing it's been over 7 years and little to no improvement has been made.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Need I say more?

No one should have to pay an extra $10 a month when other providers offer vastly superior picture quality for no extra cost.  Do something about it.  AT&T U-Verse has had inferior picture quality since it was first launched.  Clearly they plan to do nothing about their poor picture quality seeing it's been over 7 years and little to no improvement has been made.

Sign the petition for AT&T U-Verse to improve their HD picture quality.

[ Edited ]
37 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(37)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 5:49:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

JoeCools wrote:

. But the problem with Uverse is they advertise HD tv but it is NOT 1080p. I too have been duped into believing this when I received my HD subscription and I connected to my 1080p tv and the picture was ok, but not 1080p It will never show, view connect as 1080p because Uvers is NOT broadcasting at 1080p So no matter how many people come on here a say how great their tv is to them, the reality is it's NOT 1080p. Smiley Mad

Duped? HD is 720p, 1081i, & 1080p. Other than pay per view on Dish & Directv, no other provider has 1080p. If you want 1080p get a blu-ray player which blows away any content offered by any provider 

JoeCools wrote:

. But the problem with Uverse is they advertise HD tv but it is NOT 1080p. I too have been duped into believing this when I received my HD subscription and I connected to my 1080p tv and the picture was ok, but not 1080p It will never show, view connect as 1080p because Uvers is NOT broadcasting at 1080p So no matter how many people come on here a say how great their tv is to them, the reality is it's NOT 1080p. Smiley Mad

Duped? HD is 720p, 1081i, & 1080p. Other than pay per view on Dish & Directv, no other provider has 1080p. If you want 1080p get a blu-ray player which blows away any content offered by any provider 

Re: Sign the petition for AT&T U-Verse to improve their HD picture quality.

31 of 38 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:26:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Can you point me in the direction of where AT&T advertises that their HD service is distribuited i 1080p? Because I've never seen it and I have always assumed that no one broadcasts thier tv signal in anythng over 1080i.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Can you point me in the direction of where AT&T advertises that their HD service is distribuited i 1080p? Because I've never seen it and I have always assumed that no one broadcasts thier tv signal in anythng over 1080i.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 38 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 8:05:43 AM
(0)
Master

americangame wrote:

He can't because you could search for months and not find it anywhere.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

americangame wrote:

He can't because you could search for months and not find it anywhere.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

33 of 38 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 4:10:30 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:32:59 PM

I just checked and the TV determines resolution. For a Sony Bravia TV, with a local PBS channel on screen. Try this (using the U-Verse remote) MENU>(rt-button)to [options]>(dn-button) to[SYSTEM OPTIONS][OK][dn]to [TV screen resolution (HD/SD)][OK]. This diagnostic does 2 things. IF the menus get here then you have SD selected as the U-Verse default, select (down to the 4th button for HD selection) [HD]. You then have 8 seconds to confirm.the hi-def choice. By the way SD=720 or lower. HD=1080(i-or-p) I=interlaced, usually a spec for older CRT's. P usually refers to non-interlaced. Todays TV's are 1080p. Monitors are not restricted to only HD=1080. That's another animal altogether.
BTW thanks for your post, I discovered default from U-Verse was SD. SD for the above and the U-Verse modem/router is a small bandwidth (2.4GHz) on slowspeed DSL (under 300kb/s or 3MB/s. (small "b" =bits/sec, Capital "B" = BYTES/sec). On the other hand high speed is (5.0GHz). Note: With a stop & start bit added to each byte (8 bits) do the math = 10:1. 300k sounds faster but 3M is ten times faster. I never thought AT&T was that behind the times. I had to buddy my Walmart purchased dual band router by ethernet cable to AT&T's modem/router.

[Subject edited to clarify topic]

I just checked and the TV determines resolution. For a Sony Bravia TV, with a local PBS channel on screen. Try this (using the U-Verse remote) MENU>(rt-button)to [options]>(dn-button) to[SYSTEM OPTIONS][OK][dn]to [TV screen resolution (HD/SD)][OK]. This diagnostic does 2 things. IF the menus get here then you have SD selected as the U-Verse default, select (down to the 4th button for HD selection) [HD]. You then have 8 seconds to confirm.the hi-def choice. By the way SD=720 or lower. HD=1080(i-or-p) I=interlaced, usually a spec for older CRT's. P usually refers to non-interlaced. Todays TV's are 1080p. Monitors are not restricted to only HD=1080. That's another animal altogether.
BTW thanks for your post, I discovered default from U-Verse was SD. SD for the above and the U-Verse modem/router is a small bandwidth (2.4GHz) on slowspeed DSL (under 300kb/s or 3MB/s. (small "b" =bits/sec, Capital "B" = BYTES/sec). On the other hand high speed is (5.0GHz). Note: With a stop & start bit added to each byte (8 bits) do the math = 10:1. 300k sounds faster but 3M is ten times faster. I never thought AT&T was that behind the times. I had to buddy my Walmart purchased dual band router by ethernet cable to AT&T's modem/router.

Re: AT&T U-Verse needs to improve their HD picture quality.

[ Edited ]
34 of 38 (853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 7:04:24 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:31:55 PM

takhart wrote:

Huh?

takhart wrote:

Huh?

[ Edited ]
35 of 38 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 3:23:31 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:31:14 PM

Price is cheaper and the quality worse. The fanboys will deny it, but they forget we're customers, too.

Price is cheaper and the quality worse. The fanboys will deny it, but they forget we're customers, too.

[ Edited ]
36 of 38 (774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 5:40:48 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:30:41 PM

I have no complaints. I am always in awe of my HD picture. Maybe it is because Im FTTP....

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

I have no complaints. I am always in awe of my HD picture. Maybe it is because Im FTTP....

[ Edited ]
37 of 38 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 2:11:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
I can say that I'm a uverse fan. I've been a member for about 6 years now in two locations.

The picture quality of uverse HD compared to others (specifically fios) is less. My friend has the same tv as me both of us are calibrated the same and when I watch TV at his house I notice the difference between the picture. .

It has to do with compression. Uverse compresses the streamquite a bit.
I can say that I'm a uverse fan. I've been a member for about 6 years now in two locations.

The picture quality of uverse HD compared to others (specifically fios) is less. My friend has the same tv as me both of us are calibrated the same and when I watch TV at his house I notice the difference between the picture. .

It has to do with compression. Uverse compresses the streamquite a bit.

38 of 38 (662 Views)