Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted May 14, 2012
    3:28:27 PM
    Showtime and Starz Rebate

When I signed up for uverse 450 last Nov the sales agent said I could get a $25 dollar rebate from Starz and a $25 rebate from Showtime after I have had verse 450 for 3 months. He said to search Google for Showtime rebate and starz rebate for the forms. I did and sent in the forms and copies of my bills for 3 months. I received a check for $25 from Starz and a $25 prepaid credit card from Showtime last week. I was happy to take the $50. This is just a suggestion for others new subscribers who may not be aware of these rebates.

Showtime and Starz Rebate

16 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (16)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 17, 2012 10:05:34 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Thanks for posting.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Showtime and Starz Rebate

2 of 17 (10,625 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 29, 2012 3:55:22 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

THANK YOU for posting this!  We went around and around with customer service today because of SEVERAL lies our salesperson told us when we signed up.  We were told it would be a $50 gift card just for having the premium channels.  At least now we'll get our money.  REALLY appreciate this post.

3 of 17 (10,076 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 29, 2012 11:29:47 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Hi there. I signed up for uverse 300 recently and I was looking into these rebates. On the rebate terms, it says the bills have to show that you have showtime/starz subscriptions. My att bill doesn't explicitly show these channels, but it shows u300. Is that enough for the rebate?

Thanks.

4 of 17 (9,339 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 29, 2012 5:04:53 PM
    (0)
    Adventurer

Yes it is. I just received my rebates, one yesterday and one several weeks ago.

5 of 17 (9,309 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 30, 2012 9:35:09 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I'm about to send in mine for U300.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 17 (9,255 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 30, 2012 5:30:09 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Edited by RCSMG on Sep 30, 2012 at 5:30:53 PM

[ Edited ]
    7 of 17 (9,218 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 28, 2013 5:40:18 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

and how long did it take before you got your rebates back because they are telling me that it takes up to 60 days before i would get my rebates

8 of 17 (7,498 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 25, 2013 5:02:04 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    When we signed up for UVerse, we were offered a $250 Visa GC. We received the AT&T $200 GC yesterday, Thank you. My question is, I was told to call Starz and Showtime for the other two $25 GC's. Right now, their customer service lines are closed for rebates but have read online that you have to have the channels for 3 months and have to send in 3 months of AT&T UVerse bills. It does not show that we receive those channels. I believe we have the U300. I also read on Starz and Sho-time websites that we have to order the channels.

If that is the case, we were not informed of that. If so, do we send in the first 3 months bills of paid service channels with Starz and Showtime? Or do we send the very first 3 months from beginning of service? I am just confused about what I read ... or do I get the rebates by sending my first 3 months bills and NOT ordering these 2 channels and receive both $25 Visa GC

9 of 17 (6,826 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 3, 2013 1:25:44 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Where do I find the Showtime/Starz rebate forms? I have looked online but the few links don't seem to work?

10 of 17 (6,150 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 4, 2013 10:08:21 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Try googling for 

showtime rebate forms 2013

and

Starz rebate forms 2013

11 of 17 (6,105 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 21, 2013 9:10:37 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I must say I am disappointed in the way this rebate was presented to me. Salesman said all I had to do was go online...verify my account and a $50 rebate would be on the way to me.Absolutely no mention of waiting 3 months!

What I should have been told was I had to have the service for 3 months and then print out forms for showtime and stars and also send in 3 months worth of bills to receive 2 different $25 rebates!

I don't know about everyone else...but pretty much hits the threshhold of too much hassle for what turns out to be a measly misrepresented offer!

12 of 17 (3,811 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 26, 2013 5:17:04 PM
    (0)
    Employee

dk59 wrote:

I must say I am disappointed in the way this rebate was presented to me. Salesman said all I had to do was go online...verify my account and a $50 rebate would be on the way to me.Absolutely no mention of waiting 3 months!

What I should have been told was I had to have the service for 3 months and then print out forms for showtime and stars and also send in 3 months worth of bills to receive 2 different $25 rebates!

I don't know about everyone else...but pretty much hits the threshhold of too much hassle for what turns out to be a measly misrepresented offer!

It actually sounds like the $50 rebate card you were informed of was for signing up for new tv service. For this you would need to go to att.com/rewardsandrebates to redeem that. As long as you have had service for at least 30 days, you will be able to get this. The Starz/Showtime rebate is a completely different offer altogether.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 17 (3,685 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile

14 of 17 (3,157 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 7, 2014 4:31:49 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

The showtime link works but the starz link does not.

I agree with the previous post that says a rebate was offered to me by AT&T uverse from starz and showtime and said I could go on line immediately and get my money back.  There was no disclosure about waiting three months, sending in bills and filling out forms. Then waiting several months for the rebate.

What was more frustrating...I was also told I had to pay a January bill for $154.95 on my old account I was closing from another state - not due until February -  but she could confirm they had received my returned equipment already and I had a credit on that account of $150.00. AT&T would not let me set up the new account in the new location until I paid $154.95 even though I only owed $4.95. They said they would send me a check at the end of the billing cycle. I think this has to be against the law to make a customer pay an amount they do not owe.

15 of 17 (2,638 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 24, 2014 8:04:44 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I was told I would receive a $25 rebate from Starz when I signed up with UVerse on 2/13/14.  The rebate form says it is only good to 12/31/2013.  I called Starz at 866-209-4736 and they verified that the rebate is no longer in effect.  I called AT&T and they say it is good.  I asked AT&T to put me in touch with somebody that can assist me.  Then I get put into the never ending loop.

Does anyone have a direct number oe website I can use to get the correct answer to my issue?

16 of 17 (1,824 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 24, 2014 9:44:56 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Here's the SHOWTIME rebate form for 2014:

http://www.sho.com/sho/order/rebate

I cannot find a STARZ rebate valid for AT&T U-verse customers at this time.  I'd suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

17 of 17 (1,811 Views)