Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 4, 2013
6:10:14 PM
Show only MY subscribed channels in guide
Edited by Phil-101 on May 4, 2013 at 8:19:10 PM

Wow, 3 years later and no fix to this.

Just received uVerse Family Package and I have a lot of channels I can't watch.

Call to tech support had two solutions:

1) Add desired channels to Favorites

2) Hide the channels

That is a terrible work around and time consuming. What if the power goes out? Will it retain my settings?

Seems a like a simple programming fix would to the trick, but I'm no expert.

I may just drop the cable portion of the package and return to the life of streaming, as I've been doing the past 3 years. Who needs commercials anyways!

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

2) Hide the channels

That is a terrible work around and time consuming. What if the power goes out? Will it retain my settings?

I may just drop the cable portion of the package and return to the life of streaming, as I've been doing the past 3 years. Who needs commercials anyways!

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Show only MY subscribed channels in guide

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2013 6:25:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

BlurryEyed wrote:

2) Hide the channels

You have to hide or show channels on each box.  You will not lose these settings if you lose power.

BlurryEyed wrote:

2) Hide the channels

You have to hide or show channels on each box.  You will not lose these settings if you lose power.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Show only MY subscribed channels in guide

2 of 7 (2,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 7:38:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

You might as well drop u family programming all together.  As soon as my time is up I am out of here.  Nothing to watch as a family on U- Family. 

You might as well drop u family programming all together.  As soon as my time is up I am out of here.  Nothing to watch as a family on U- Family. 

3 of 7 (2,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 9:12:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Good to know about the settings being retained after Power Outage, but still, hiding unsubscribed channels is annoying.

Good to know about the settings being retained after Power Outage, but still, hiding unsubscribed channels is annoying.

4 of 7 (2,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 9:25:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You will lose any settings if you replace that STB. 

I just got 2 new wireless boxes and I'm in the process of rehiding channels.

You will lose any settings if you replace that STB. 

I just got 2 new wireless boxes and I'm in the process of rehiding channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (2,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 10:08:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Click menu on your remote, then under LIVE, click Channel Shortcuts, scroll tto the right to U-verse Packages, click on your package....ie U-family. There is your list of available channels under your package. However, it appears you cannot save this, and it must be done everytime... If someone figures out how to save it to the system, please post.

Click menu on your remote, then under LIVE, click Channel Shortcuts, scroll tto the right to U-verse Packages, click on your package....ie U-family. There is your list of available channels under your package. However, it appears you cannot save this, and it must be done everytime... If someone figures out how to save it to the system, please post.

6 of 7 (1,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 4:08:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Ten minutes to block channels for as long as you rent that box. Plus, unsubscribed channels generally don't show up in searches.
Ten minutes to block channels for as long as you rent that box. Plus, unsubscribed channels generally don't show up in searches.

7 of 7 (1,340 Views)