Shouldn't connecting my PC to the modem be part of a PC set-up?

Contributor

Shouldn't connecting my PC to the modem be part of a PC set-up?

It's annoying but I requested that my modem be moved to a different room.  This is due to the fact that we just got a new baby boy, and we made the old office, into the baby room.   So the modem needed to be moved.  We physically swapped the rooms prior to the appointment, and used a wireless connection for my desktop.   It took me days before I realizwd my internet was slower then normal. When I checked, I saw I was only in my wireless connection.  Which was annoying, since the modem is neatly tucked next to my PC tower.  I was charged for a PC-setup and visit fee.  While I appreciate all his efforts, it was annoying to make a trip to Fry's for a small Ethernet cable.  (Not sure what happened to my old cable.)

Message 1 of 2 (225 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Shouldn't connecting my PC to the modem be part of a PC set-up?

Sometimes making changes like yours requires changes in operating procedures.  It appears that you fell into this catagory.  I'm glad your back up and running after getting another ethernet cable.  Congrats on the new edition to your family!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.