Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 14, 2013
3:53:01 PM
View profile
Should I keep Uverse service?

I am very disappointed with the service I received from AT&T Uverse this past week.  I have been a loyal customer for several years now and have been very happy.  This past week I saw a promotion to upgrade my service from 12Mbps to 18Mbps and ordered the service.  I received an email the order was completed but did not notice an change in my service for 3 days, so I called customer service.  After dealing with 3 phone agents, 3 field technicians, re-wiring of my interior phone cable, taking off work to meet the technicians, and a lot of wasted time (almost a week), I get told that my service maxes out at 12Mbps.  Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place when I tried to upgrade, instead of leading me on?  I feel duped and frustrated by AT&T Uverse.  I pay over $50 for the 12Mbps service and I was willing to pay $5 more for the 18Mbps service. Cable internet is faster and about the same cost. Why should I keep this service when this is how they deal with its customers?

I am very disappointed with the service I received from AT&T Uverse this past week.  I have been a loyal customer for several years now and have been very happy.  This past week I saw a promotion to upgrade my service from 12Mbps to 18Mbps and ordered the service.  I received an email the order was completed but did not notice an change in my service for 3 days, so I called customer service.  After dealing with 3 phone agents, 3 field technicians, re-wiring of my interior phone cable, taking off work to meet the technicians, and a lot of wasted time (almost a week), I get told that my service maxes out at 12Mbps.  Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place when I tried to upgrade, instead of leading me on?  I feel duped and frustrated by AT&T Uverse.  I pay over $50 for the 12Mbps service and I was willing to pay $5 more for the 18Mbps service. Cable internet is faster and about the same cost. Why should I keep this service when this is how they deal with its customers?

Should I keep Uverse service?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 5:14:28 PM
(0)
Contributor
I wouldn't keep. I feel like I've been duped. There isn't anyone at att that's cares about their customers. My service has been down for 3 days and soon 4. Had 2 appts scheduled on day 2 which both were missed. Then on day 3, 1 inside tech comes out and says the ONT needs to be replaced so it went to a outside tech. Tech replaces ONT and still no service so now another ticket has to be opened for the inside tech to come out the NEXT day. Just terrible and worst experience ever. This is 3rd outage this year and each time takes 4 days to come back. I already have a disconnect order for the end of the month to find another provider. Don't recommend att uverse or any product. Plan to switch my cell phone too.
I wouldn't keep. I feel like I've been duped. There isn't anyone at att that's cares about their customers. My service has been down for 3 days and soon 4. Had 2 appts scheduled on day 2 which both were missed. Then on day 3, 1 inside tech comes out and says the ONT needs to be replaced so it went to a outside tech. Tech replaces ONT and still no service so now another ticket has to be opened for the inside tech to come out the NEXT day. Just terrible and worst experience ever. This is 3rd outage this year and each time takes 4 days to come back. I already have a disconnect order for the end of the month to find another provider. Don't recommend att uverse or any product. Plan to switch my cell phone too.

Re: Should I keep Uverse service?

2 of 6 (427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 6:46:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

We're rethinking Uverse too

Let me lend my voice to "adobopete" and  "Arachel".  For the past several months we've had numerous small yet  annoying problems with the quality of our TV service.  Its frequently slow, pixelated or stops.  We reboot the router, its gets better for a few days then comes back.  At this point we've taken to rebooting the DVR boxes and even went so far as to replace the box in our bedroom and bought new cable s for the box and TV from the wall out.  We're still having issues. 

Right now, my wife is both rebooting  the DVR while shopping for another more reliable service in our neighborhood.  Saddly ATT should stop 'rethinking possible' and begin realize many of us are rethinking our cable provider.

If any ATT people monitor this board, the "austingrants" are still salvable as customers but we're going to need a real human to take a serious look at the quality of our service and offer meaningful solutions to this on-going problem.  Its not a money thing.  In fact, a discount won't help.  We just want trouble-free TV service

We're rethinking Uverse too

Let me lend my voice to "adobopete" and  "Arachel".  For the past several months we've had numerous small yet  annoying problems with the quality of our TV service.  Its frequently slow, pixelated or stops.  We reboot the router, its gets better for a few days then comes back.  At this point we've taken to rebooting the DVR boxes and even went so far as to replace the box in our bedroom and bought new cable s for the box and TV from the wall out.  We're still having issues. 

Right now, my wife is both rebooting  the DVR while shopping for another more reliable service in our neighborhood.  Saddly ATT should stop 'rethinking possible' and begin realize many of us are rethinking our cable provider.

If any ATT people monitor this board, the "austingrants" are still salvable as customers but we're going to need a real human to take a serious look at the quality of our service and offer meaningful solutions to this on-going problem.  Its not a money thing.  In fact, a discount won't help.  We just want trouble-free TV service

3 of 6 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 6:58:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It isn't always possible to tell what your line will support until you test it.  One way to test it is to crank the profile rate up.  Another is to send a technician out with tools.

Some people's lines can't handle U-verse because they won't allow new wires to be run to replace the aging ones inside the walls that have problems (though I see you allowed them to do this).  Some people are just too far from the VRAD or CO (depending on the type of U-verse in your area).

I personally am happy with my U-verse service.  I find it much more reliable than my previous Internet provider.  While I could get a higher max speed from that provider now for the same price, I doubt I would get that speed on a regular basis.  I've seen as many horror stories about other providers as I've seen about U-verse.  Not every company is perfect.

Just out of curiosity, adobopete, what kind of Residential Gateway do you have?

It isn't always possible to tell what your line will support until you test it.  One way to test it is to crank the profile rate up.  Another is to send a technician out with tools.

Some people's lines can't handle U-verse because they won't allow new wires to be run to replace the aging ones inside the walls that have problems (though I see you allowed them to do this).  Some people are just too far from the VRAD or CO (depending on the type of U-verse in your area).

I personally am happy with my U-verse service.  I find it much more reliable than my previous Internet provider.  While I could get a higher max speed from that provider now for the same price, I doubt I would get that speed on a regular basis.  I've seen as many horror stories about other providers as I've seen about U-verse.  Not every company is perfect.

Just out of curiosity, adobopete, what kind of Residential Gateway do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 7:09:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Arachel wrote:

I understand why you would feel this way.  I have to say that it does appear that the level of competence and caring does seem to very from person to person, and area to area.  However, I know that AT&T has invested a lot of time, effort and money in supporting their customers; they do want to keep them.

I'm surprised that as an FTTP customer, you're having such troubles.  So many people want to get fiber to their home to avoid the copper.  It may be that you are a rarity in your area and there are not many techs experienced in FTTP.

Arachel wrote:

I understand why you would feel this way.  I have to say that it does appear that the level of competence and caring does seem to very from person to person, and area to area.  However, I know that AT&T has invested a lot of time, effort and money in supporting their customers; they do want to keep them.

I'm surprised that as an FTTP customer, you're having such troubles.  So many people want to get fiber to their home to avoid the copper.  It may be that you are a rarity in your area and there are not many techs experienced in FTTP.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (377 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 7:11:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

austingrants786...

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your issues. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or so.

To speed things along, include your Billing Account Number, the best method and time to contact you, and a history of the issues you need corrected.  Messages to this link are handled by an escalation team of Service Managers who will work with you until your problem is resolved, not just until the phone is hung up.

austingrants786...

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your issues. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or so.

To speed things along, include your Billing Account Number, the best method and time to contact you, and a history of the issues you need corrected.  Messages to this link are handled by an escalation team of Service Managers who will work with you until your problem is resolved, not just until the phone is hung up.

6 of 6 (373 Views)