Setting static address for network audio player

Contributor

Setting static address for network audio player

I've got a Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player that I'm setting up and I also the Motorola NVG510.. Seems like the best way is to manually set DHCP. The device wants Gateway, Primary DNS, Secondary DNS. I can assign it an used device address and the subnet is easy enough. Where do I find the gateway and DNS settings?

Message 1 of 5 (436 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Setting static address for network audio player

The default gateway is 192.168.1.254.  You shouldn't need DNS.  If you have to enter one put 192.168.1.254 and try it to see if it works.  I didn't need one on my Sony A/V receiver.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (433 Views)
Contributor

Putting the Marantz on normal DHCP works fine as long as I run it wired. Trying to use it wireless with an ioGear client adapter, but no such luck. I'd rather not run 25 feet of cable from one room to the next. The Motorola's firewall is all off. Didn't help.

Message 3 of 5 (347 Views)
Contributor

OK, reconfigured the ioGear device and it works like a charm.

Message 4 of 5 (340 Views)
Teacher

I have an IOGEAR Universal Wi Fi N Adapter  (GWU627W6). I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with their tech Support trying to get it to go through my U-Verse gateway so I could establish and internet connection with it. It did not work.

Could you tell me what you did to establish your connection?

Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.