Set Top Box doesnt match the account settings!!!

Contributor

Set Top Box doesnt match the account settings!!!

I just received my 2nd wireless receiver and it wont work. it was supposed to be active yesterday at 8pm. 

Message 1 of 4 (228 Views)
Employee

Re: Set Top Box doesnt match the account settings!!!

Box is now dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced.
call, chat or PM for assistance to do or above.

after clean or replace try to activate again....
several past posts on this issue....
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)
Employee

What was the time frame from when you ordered the new box and when it arrived and you plugged it in? When you order and they provision it to receive a new box there is a certain amount of time that you have to plug the box in or it will fall out of the system and you will get a misconfig box on your account, the simple solution is call customer suport and ask that they reprovision your account for the new box and remove the misconfig. Also what kind of error are you getting?

i would also try to rebbot the gateway then try plugging the new wireless box into it and see if it will provision hardwired and take the download. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)
Community Support

Hi @soaringcook,

I apologize for any delays on getting your new STB working, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to discuss this issue further and help get this fixed.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 4 (189 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support