Service failure

Contributor

Service failure

Good evening - I understand that this forum is extremely effective at solving issues associated with service related problems. I am a 15-year AT&T customer on wireless, landline, and for the last 2 + years a Uverse 450 customer with high speed Internet and multiple digital phone lines.

Last week, we suffered a total technology failure and have been without ANY service since that time.  When the service failed, I contacted the technical support representative and explained the issue.  I also told him that prior to the crash, we were having issues with having to regularly reset equipment in the house because the gateway would lose connection with the hardware (both computers and Uverse receivers).  After a series of tests on his part, he advised that the problem was an issue outside of the house and set up a service call assuring me that the problem would be fixed by Sunday (9/8/13) at 8 pm. On Friday morning, I contacted my neighbors, who are also Uverse customers to find out that they DID NOT ever lose service, and in fact were up and running. 

So, I called technical support back and again suggested that it was a problem with the equipment inside the house.  Once again, they assured me that it was outside the house, and it would be fixed by Sunday night.  It is now 6:30 pm Sunday evening, and the tech left here about an hour ago.  He ran his diagnostic tests and determined that the problem was an internal equipment issue.  

To his credit, He diligently tried to find a technician in the area who could help but was unsuccessful; so, he arranged for another service call and was very apologetic that the dispatch told him it wouldn't be available until Tuesday between 4 & 8 pm.  After he left, I contacted tech support, explained that i wasn't available on Tuesday, and requested that they expedite the repair.  

They were unable to do anything to take care of it any earlier; so, we had to schedule it for Wednesday (9/11/13) morning.  Frankly, it seems to me to be extraordinarily long to be without the service (nearly a full week) for something that I diagnosed, and the tech support folks wouldn't listen to me.

Any assistance in getting this fixed tonight would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Service failure

Hello, bkutchins!

I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. I can imagine how frustrating that is. In this scenario, your best option is to send a private message to our U-verse experts by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you, and you can expect a reply within two business days at the latest. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support