Service DOWN!

Tutor

Service DOWN!

This is the fourth day of mostly having no uverse services (TV/INTERNET/PHONE). Starting at 8 am  when we turn things on  no service! Tech came out yesterday and wow it worked only till we went to bed and its doing the same thing again. Sadly we are scheduled again for tomorrow  between 4-8PM. Wow thanks  for caring to allow us another day with no service! Unfortnatly I have  5 months left to my contract but then it will be time to move ALL my services elsewhere! Also should add that after the install had to have someone come out and was told THEIR employee did NOT install things right! They redid the wiring and thankfully things worked yet we had to have 3 receivers replaced due to the inability to work! Tech yesterday also stated the wiring was a mess.... Gues ATT does NOT know what they are doing to provide working service!

Message 1 of 12 (776 Views)

Re: Service DOWN!

I would suggest that you contact AT&T Customer Care via private message. These are not the same people as the CS/TS reps you call--they are social media managers who can connect you with the right people to escalate your issue. Include your name, account number and your contact information. Watch the blue envelope at the top right of your screen--they usually reply within 1-2 business days.  Hope you get sorted out.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 12 (727 Views)
Tutor

Wonderful service!!! NOBODY SHOWED UP!!!

Message 3 of 12 (694 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I have contacted customer care and also am rescheduled again! Twice nobody showed up on the day told lets see if the third day will be wasted. Its obvious att does not care about our time, work schedules, holiday plans, and Service!

The appointment time for  today is  between 8-12 and there is 30 minutes left for someone to show up! Tried to find out if  someone will show up considering no body came for the past two days as told. But was told AGAIN  that I have to give till the slot ends, for someone will be here!

Highly do not recommend ATT!!!

Message 4 of 12 (689 Views)
Tutor

NO SHOW AGAIN!!!!!! Was told "Please be informed that technician will not be reaching your place because of high service installation setup"

That means ATT does NOT care about current customers!
Message 5 of 12 (653 Views)
Tutor

Well someone was scheduled to come out today between 12-4.  It does NOT surprise me that I just received the call that due to high volume, they will be late and coming out before 6pm!

Message 6 of 12 (547 Views)
Scholar

It's their call center that's broken.  Are you calling the 800 number?  Don't do that anymore.

Did the tech give you a form with his name and number handwritten on the form?  They should have just gotten business cards.  You should call the tech directly.  Unfortunately, every time you call the 800 number the call center closes the previous ticket and starts a new one.  You get reset and have to start over.  It's not the field tech's fault.  They expect you to call the tech's personal work cell and deal with a call at the same time they're working on another customer's line.  They're not allowed to call when they're driving.

I was getting jerked aronud until I finally figured that out with a lot of prodding.  I'm sure I was told somewhere along the way, but as a customer, you expect to call a single 800 number to get support and just have them update the existing open ticket.  But, no, it doesn't work that way.  It's seriously broken.  It makes those techs do extra work.  I wonder how many man hours have been wasted by this.  The call center even messed up and canceled my service call and scheduled a different one.

It's nice that some people want to call the tech directly because the call centers can't do anything but tier 1, but it should be an option.  It's not an instead of.  It needs to be fixed before any of the others can be fixed.

Message 7 of 12 (539 Views)

willchen wrote:

It's their call center that's broken.  Are you calling the 800 number?  Don't do that anymore.

Did the tech give you a form with his name and number handwritten on the form?  They should have just gotten business cards.  You should call the tech directly.  Unfortunately, every time you call the 800 number the call center closes the previous ticket and starts a new one.  You get reset and have to start over.  It's not the field tech's fault.  They expect you to call the tech's personal work cell and deal with a call at the same time they're working on another customer's line.  They're not allowed to call when they're driving.

I was getting jerked aronud until I finally figured that out with a lot of prodding.  I'm sure I was told somewhere along the way, but as a customer, you expect to call a single 800 number to get support and just have them update the existing open ticket.  But, no, it doesn't work that way.  It's seriously broken.  It makes those techs do extra work.  I wonder how many man hours have been wasted by this.  The call center even messed up and canceled my service call and scheduled a different one.

It's nice that some people want to call the tech directly because the call centers can't do anything but tier 1, but it should be an option.  It's not an instead of.  It needs to be fixed before any of the others can be fixed.

If you are not going to give out the correct information, do not give any information.  Calling the technician will not get your service fixed.  You HAVE to go through the support number in order for a technician to be dispatched to your house. The only time that number is good is if you have an issue the same day of a repair/installation, otherwise you need to follow the proper procedures.  The technicians are already booked to the max and they cannot drop whatever they are doing and go to a customers house.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 8 of 12 (520 Views)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

willchen wrote:

If you are not going to give out the correct information, do not give any information.  Calling the technician will not get your service fixed.  You HAVE to go through the support number in order for a technician to be dispatched to your house. The only time that number is good is if you have an issue the same day of a repair/installation, otherwise you need to follow the proper procedures.  The technicians are already booked to the max and they cannot drop whatever they are doing and go to a customers house.

Have you actually called AT&T U-Verse Tech Support Lately?  I have.  What I've described is the current procedure AT&T follows.  The ticket is held open for you for 30 days and you must call the field tech that came to your house, because he's been assigned your ticket.  He can pull up your still open ticket.  If you call the 800 number after a tech has been dispatched, you get your ticket reset and a new tech is sent to start over from the beginning.  This was the frustration I've been having at the start.  I'm sure the others that complain to the forum are having the same issue.  When I finally talked to the manager at the support center, he said the same thing.  The call center people can only close tickets and open new ones.  They don't have the ability to add to an existing ticket.

It's obvious that you haven't called AT&T for U-Veres Support lately.  Please call AT&T and verify it yourself. This has been explained to me as the procedure by the field techs too and they told me not to call the 800 number if I want proper resolution.  You should get yourself educated on the process and stop antagonizing the other posters that legitimately come here to rightly complain about AT&T's "service" quality.  I think much of those problems people have with AT&T stem from this one misconception of how AT&T actually manages Tech Services calls.  The other posters don't know the real procedures that AT&T follows and neither do you.  This is procedure at AT&T is what I'm trying to correct.  The field techs want it corrected as well.

This is why I've PM'd customer care and I'm also going through the call center management to get it corrected.  Their procedures are severely broken.  It should work the way you've described, but it doesn't.  I don't know how long it will take to fix this, so my suggestion right now are actually very helpful to everyone at the moment.

If you don't have any productive insights to the actual problem at hand.  Please take your own advice and don't post.  Thank you for your time.

Message 9 of 12 (515 Views)

willchen wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

willchen wrote:

Have you actually called AT&T U-Verse Tech Support Lately?  I have.  What I've described is the current procedure AT&T follows.  The ticket is held open for you for 30 days and you must call the field tech that came to your house, because he's been assigned your ticket.  He can pull up your still open ticket.  If you call the 800 number after a tech has been dispatched, you get your ticket reset and a new tech is sent to start over from the beginning.  This was the frustration I've been having at the start.  I'm sure the others that complain to the forum are having the same issue.  When I finally talked to the manager at the support center, he said the same thing.  The call center people can only close tickets and open new ones.  They don't have the ability to add to an existing ticket.

It's obvious that you haven't called AT&T for U-Veres Support lately.  Please call AT&T and verify it yourself. This has been explained to me as the procedure by the field techs too and they told me not to call the 800 number if I want proper resolution.  You should get yourself educated on the process and stop antagonizing the other posters that legitimately come here to rightly complain about AT&T's "service" quality.  I think much of those problems people have with AT&T stem from this one misconception of how AT&T actually manages Tech Services calls.  The other posters don't know the real procedures that AT&T follows and neither do you.  This is procedure at AT&T is what I'm trying to correct.  The field techs want it corrected as well.

This is why I've PM'd customer care and I'm also going through the call center management to get it corrected.  Their procedures are severely broken.  It should work the way you've described, but it doesn't.  I don't know how long it will take to fix this, so my suggestion right now are actually very helpful to everyone at the moment.

If you don't have any productive insights to the actual problem at hand.  Please take your own advice and don't post.  Thank you for your time.

Have I called tech support lately, about a month ago yes.  I followed the proper procedures and a technician was dispatched the next day and my problem was resolved.   I was given my tech's number as well as his supervisor and when he left he said if the problem reappears before the end of the day to give him a call. If the problem shows up again in a week, call the support line.  The reason your technician told you to call him is because any repeat repairs within 30 days go against the techs stats.  If the problem hasn't been resolved, I personally don't care about the tech's stats because the issue wasn't resolved.   As for your suggestions, they aren't helpful and they are incorrect so you telling people to call the tech is 100% wrong and I will call you out on them.  Just because you are having an issue that hasn't been fixed does not mean that the system is broken as you keep claiming.  Perfect, no, but not broken.  Every service based industry has room for improvement and your one man campaign/crusade in every post is getting old. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 10 of 12 (500 Views)
Scholar

It is broken because the fix has taken over a month.  I've only replied to what I believe are relevant posts.

You've called tech support and got a fix, right away.  Good for you.  You haven't had to deal with an escalation of your issue.  I didn't get resolution for over a month.  I see that a lot of others have longer ordeals.  That's broken.  It took too long to escalate the fix to the proper place.  I did call back to a tier2 number yesterday and,  they've told me that the replacement card in the DSLAM was swapped out a few days ago to fix an issue that was affecting other customers too.  It wasn't only affecting me.  I don't know if it was my complaint that did that.  It's just unfortunate that it took so long for them to isolate the issue.  It was unfortunate that it took many complaints to check the likely root of the problem for them to take a look at the card and replace it.  Supposedly, that was the one item they changed during my initial outage.

You somehow claim to know the details of the inner workings of AT&T, seemingly better than the employees themselves.  I'm just retelling my experience and retelling what I've been told by the employees that I've been dealing with.  I also followed what I though was proper procedures, but wasn't getting anywhere.

Message 11 of 12 (488 Views)
Tutor

Sadly, tonight I had to email customer care in hopes of getting this issue resolved STILL! Someone did come out, replaced the wireless gateway and we had working services for a week! Earlier today the issue started again. In speaking with a guy by the name of Randy before the last guy came out, I was told the issue would be fixed, he was seeing alot of red and gathering all the information to give for when they came out. Today I should say it does not surprise me that 1) the repair guy had no information 2) we still having the same issue

My wife just hung up with Steve with tier 2 support scince she is now fed up with the matter and happily ready to move ALL (cell, home, internet, tv) services to a company whom cares about its customers. Steve says he is confident the problem is in the port and will get the line guy out to fix it and test the lines. . If ATT would pass the information out to the guys whom come out, maybe repeated visits would not be needed and problems actually resolved. Thankfully we do not need to be home for this to be done. Praying that this resolves the issue because I do not appreciate the time spent in resolving this nor the manner of most appointments missed/ rescheduled/late and the inability to receive working services and having to pay for this type of service. I never received this type of service or resolution when I had my tv services elsewhere. I wont say I never had an issue with other companies, but when i did,, it was resolved on their FIRST attempt to resolve and in an extremely prompt manner and time
Message 12 of 12 (377 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.