Series Recordings not scheduled beyond June 18th

Voyager

Series Recordings not scheduled beyond June 18th

I am seeing something that concerns me, and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.

When I look at the "recorded TV" listings, if I go to the "Scheduled" section, I have noticed for the past few days that none of my Series are showing as having anything scheduled after 6:00 PM on June 18th. Since I have some shows set to record every day, this does not make sense.

Anything that I have manually scheduled is showing as scheduled, but none of the Series recordings.

Is anyone aware of something going on?

Message 1 of 17 (1,152 Views)
Expert

Re: Series Recordings not scheduled beyond June 18th

Unplug your DVR for about 30 seconds and then plug it back it.  After the DVR finishes rebooting, check the scheduled recordings listing again.

Message 2 of 17 (1,139 Views)
Voyager

I tried the "hard" boot as suggested, but no change. I had previoulsy done a "soft" boot on the DVR unit and a "hard" boot on the Gateway.

Today I tried something different. I went to the Series Recordings list and picked one that should show up every day. I changed the Options from 'First run & rerun' to 'First run only'. When I saved the changes I immediately sowed that I had 9 shows scheduled rather than the 2 that were listed prior to that. I tried it with another Series with the same result.

I really don't want to have to do this with every series recording.

Another thing that I noticed when looking at the Series is that some of them seem to have had the parameter for Keep changed from 'All episodes until space is needed' to '1 latest episode'. This seems to only have occurred on a few of the entries.

Strange stuff.....

Message 3 of 17 (1,086 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Think what you need to hard reboot is the RG (modem), that controlls the connection to the ATT servers where your scheduled recordings are kept. 

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your cheduled recordings problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17 (1,083 Views)

I am having the same problem as the OP with my two scheduled series recordings, and just got off the phone with TS.  He tried rebooting my RG and DVR, but no change.  I found that changing the setting from "keep until I erase" (which I always use) to "keep until space is needed" extended one series about a week, but not the other.  I have sent a message to ATTCustomerCare and will post if a solution is found (possible DVR replacement?).

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 17 (1,039 Views)

This morning, I tried something that I had not thought of yesterday--first, I programmed two more series recordings to see if they would also be limited to June 18.  Both new series recordings went out to about 6/27, which is a fairly normal timeframe.  Next,since only one series was now limited to June 18, I deleted it and then reprogrammed the same series recording.  Lo and behold, it, too, was now extended.  I don't understand how this problem could be associated with the program itself, but that seems to be the case somehow.   I will probably hear from Customer Care next week, and will see if they have anything to add.

docbombay 

--Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 17 (999 Views)
ACE - Expert

Think it might be related to not picking up the 6/23 Rookie Blue episode and had to do a new series setup for it and delete the old series setup.  We had to go through this a couple years ago when it wasn't picking up Series Recordings.

It might pick up a 9pm episode of a hafl hour series and not pick up the 9:30 episode that is also 'new'.  It did that so often, I always check if just 1 half hour episode shows up on one that usually has 2.  This has the feel of MS's parting 'gift' to us since they are selling MediaRoom to Ericsson. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 17 (972 Views)
Community Support

Hi ,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be contacting you within 24 hours.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 8 of 17 (915 Views)

Thanks, ATT Customer Care.  I spoke earlier today with their representative who confirmed that the deletion and reprogramming of the offending series is often the answer to this problem.  At least, it worked in my case so far.  This was my first time contacting them, and I got a very prompt and effective response.  I would highly recommend them to any subs who have tried this forum, and CS/TS, but to no avail.

docbombay

--Albert Einstein
Message 9 of 17 (877 Views)
Tutor

Same problem, nothing scheduled beyond Tue June 18th.

My fix was to cancel the series and then schedule it again.

The only problem with that is with network series where the season is over and no shows are scheduled in the guide.

No way to schedule the series, since you cannot find the show in the guide to schedule it.

That and the time it took to cancel and re-schedule 33 series.

Message 10 of 17 (859 Views)
Contributor

So this has happend to a lot of people - and it would be nice if ATT came out with some explanation - something on their end broke the link between your scheduled series, and the master programming schedule, so even though you have a series set to record every day - like the nightly news for example - the system does not "see" any programs scheduled that it needs to record???

I reset the box and everything - that does no good.

Here is what worked for us...

Go to your series recordings, and one at a time, enter into the recording options, and make one change, and save it.

You will immediately see at the top of the screne, several recordings are now recognized and set to record. 

But you HAVE to change at least one parameter - so when you "save", it re-extablishes its link to the master scheduled programing, and it can now "see" the upcoming schedule. 

You can then go back and reverse the edit, and save again. 

Doing it this way, you do not have to start from scratch, and like one person said, if it is a series that is not airing for a while, you won't be able to re-set that up if you delete it - YOU DON'T HAVE TO DELTE AND START OVER!!! 

And for what it's worth, ATT customer service is really lousy... I usually have to figure these things out myself. 

Hope this helps. 

Michael

Message 11 of 17 (724 Views)
ACE - Expert

CS may be bad, but Customer Care is great. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Message 12 of 17 (655 Views)
ACE - Master

Have we determined what shows this affects?  I'm sure that I have series that continued ok after 6/18.

Message 13 of 17 (620 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

It is wierd about what was and what was not affected.

We have quite a few series set up to record, and the only one that was not affected was the Cobert Report - go figure!

Michael

Message 14 of 17 (591 Views)
Community Support

docbombay wrote:

Thanks, ATT Customer Care.  I spoke earlier today with their representative who confirmed that the deletion and reprogramming of the offending series is often the answer to this problem.  At least, it worked in my case so far.  This was my first time contacting them, and I got a very prompt and effective response.  I would highly recommend them to any subs who have tried this forum, and CS/TS, but to no avail.

docbombay

Thanks for revisiting to let us know how it went! We're happy to hear ATTCustomerCare was able to assist. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 17 (439 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.