Ask a question

Posted Sep 18, 2013
    5:26:15 PM
    View profile
    September Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on September 17, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

September 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after September 2013: BBC America (channel 188).

October 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after October 2013: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), MBC America (channel 3643), Star India Plus (Channel 3706), TVBe (channel 3638), TVBv (channel 3664), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

Effective in or after October, Jewelry TV (channel 197) may be moving to a different channel in the U-verse Channel Line-up.

November 2013:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after November 2013: CCTV-4 (channel 3603), Channel One Russia (channel 3882), CTI-Zhong Tian (channel 3604), TV5MONDE (channel 3832), and TV Polonia (channel 3862).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

September Carriage Agreements

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 18, 2013 6:37:55 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    I see MGM HD is no longer listed so that is good news as they must have come to an agreement. Seeing BBC listed has me optimistic because it might mean the new deal they reach includes HD finally. I remember a similar thing happening when the previous AMC deal was up and the new deal gave us AMC in HD.

Re: September Carriage Agreements

2 of 4 (694 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 19, 2013 8:40:13 AM
    (0)
    Explorer

Here is another vote for hoping they finally get BBC America in HD

3 of 4 (580 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 20, 2013 7:29:28 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    I probably wouldn't watch much BBC America, but I always love blocking SD channels in favor of HD duplicates.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (475 Views)