Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 14, 2014
8:28:35 AM
View profile
Sent to collections THIS CANT HAPPEN

Here is my story. Me and my wife had Uverse for about 3 years. Never late on a payment. Then we moved and Uverse was avaliable but the speeds were very slow. So we cancelled. The young lady I talked on the phone with during the cancellation process told me that there was no need to return any equipment. I asked her again to double check and she again said not to worry about it. Then about a month or so later ATT calls me saying that there is an outstanding balance on my account. So I find out that I do indeed need to send back the equipment. Thats fine I am not using it at this point. So I pay $5 to keep my account in good standing and then the gentlemen says he will email me a mailing slip to send the equipment back. He never emails me. So the next day I call and wait on hold again. This time I sit on the phone until I get the email. Once I get the email I hang up the phone but then I click the link and the link is dead. At this point I am very frustrated. Now the next part is my fault. I forgot to ever deal with it because I am so frustrated about it. Then yesterday I get a notice in the mail that it has indeed gone to collections. THIS CANT HAPPEN. I dont want to pay the $158 but I will if i have to do to get this settled and off my credit report. It should have never gotten to this point to begin with. ATT says that there is nothing they can do about it at this point. I work in the insurance world and I get every excuse under the sun why people cant pay their bills but I pay my bills. I was never late on anything and this is just absurd. Is there anything I can do?

Here is my story. Me and my wife had Uverse for about 3 years. Never late on a payment. Then we moved and Uverse was avaliable but the speeds were very slow. So we cancelled. The young lady I talked on the phone with during the cancellation process told me that there was no need to return any equipment. I asked her again to double check and she again said not to worry about it. Then about a month or so later ATT calls me saying that there is an outstanding balance on my account. So I find out that I do indeed need to send back the equipment. Thats fine I am not using it at this point. So I pay $5 to keep my account in good standing and then the gentlemen says he will email me a mailing slip to send the equipment back. He never emails me. So the next day I call and wait on hold again. This time I sit on the phone until I get the email. Once I get the email I hang up the phone but then I click the link and the link is dead. At this point I am very frustrated. Now the next part is my fault. I forgot to ever deal with it because I am so frustrated about it. Then yesterday I get a notice in the mail that it has indeed gone to collections. THIS CANT HAPPEN. I dont want to pay the $158 but I will if i have to do to get this settled and off my credit report. It should have never gotten to this point to begin with. ATT says that there is nothing they can do about it at this point. I work in the insurance world and I get every excuse under the sun why people cant pay their bills but I pay my bills. I was never late on anything and this is just absurd. Is there anything I can do?

Sent to collections THIS CANT HAPPEN

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 8:33:14 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, DanielGGG!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that your account has been sent to collections. We definitely want to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, DanielGGG!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that your account has been sent to collections. We definitely want to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Sent to collections THIS CANT HAPPEN

2 of 2 (311 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments