Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 15, 2013
4:14:18 PM
Search sports

Hello, I'm new to Uverse, I was a Comcast customer for years. I am really likiung Uverse. I have a question about searching. Is there a way to seach a specfic sport like there was with Comcast? I would click on search, Sports, then there was football, baseball, basketball,soccer, hockey and so on.... I really miss this, is it there and I'm just am not seeing it?

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to Uverse, I was a Comcast customer for years. I am really likiung Uverse. I have a question about searching. Is there a way to seach a specfic sport like there was with Comcast? I would click on search, Sports, then there was football, baseball, basketball,soccer, hockey and so on.... I really miss this, is it there and I'm just am not seeing it?

Thanks

Search sports

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:21:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can go to the Search feature (MENU > Search) and type in the name of the sports.  The results will return a listing of programs where the word that you typed in is in the title.

You can go to the Search feature (MENU > Search) and type in the name of the sports.  The results will return a listing of programs where the word that you typed in is in the title.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Search sports

2 of 6 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:27:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks, I had already tried that. I typed in "Football" and it didn't even pull up the sunday night game. Give it a try.

No other options I am missing?

Thanks, I had already tried that. I typed in "Football" and it didn't even pull up the sunday night game. Give it a try.

No other options I am missing?

3 of 6 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:34:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When I type in the word "FOOTBALL", I see a list of 115 items.  Item 100 in the list is Sunday Night Football.

When I type in the word "FOOTBALL", I see a list of 115 items.  Item 100 in the list is Sunday Night Football.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:52:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
BullittMustang - What did you get as a result when you searched in Comcast??

My first try was on the TV - Menu - shortcuts - Sports - Thinking you would get at least some filtering. The problem is it just returns sports channels, not sports programming.

Then I thought of uverse.com - You can use this without signing in, but you need to update the zip code to yours zip code.

Under the filter you can select sports & get sports shows. The problem is the guide is full size with non selected greyed out. Too much scrolling. Maybe OK if you also just do HD.

Then there is search the good news/bad news (both) is you get a detailed list of subcategories. It is good if you can make sense of it. Bad if you cannot make sense of it. Try it - see what you think.

That is why I asked you what returns - I think I would expect a list of shows that are on now. What do you expect?
BullittMustang - What did you get as a result when you searched in Comcast??

My first try was on the TV - Menu - shortcuts - Sports - Thinking you would get at least some filtering. The problem is it just returns sports channels, not sports programming.

Then I thought of uverse.com - You can use this without signing in, but you need to update the zip code to yours zip code.

Under the filter you can select sports & get sports shows. The problem is the guide is full size with non selected greyed out. Too much scrolling. Maybe OK if you also just do HD.

Then there is search the good news/bad news (both) is you get a detailed list of subcategories. It is good if you can make sense of it. Bad if you cannot make sense of it. Try it - see what you think.

That is why I asked you what returns - I think I would expect a list of shows that are on now. What do you expect?

5 of 6 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 5:42:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you're looking for a particular team, you can put in its nickname.  If it's listed in the cast of the game, the game will show up in Search.  I do this for college football all the time.

If you're looking for a particular team, you can put in its nickname.  If it's listed in the cast of the game, the game will show up in Search.  I do this for college football all the time.

6 of 6 (383 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments