Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 15, 2013
5:43:51 PM
Search for programs: List of programs shows start time two hours different from ACTUAL start time

Several weeks ago when much of the U-verse TV interface changed, all the times displayed for programs that I use the "Search" feature to locate became messed up, apparently permanently.

To replicate this at any DVR in my house:

1. Click the Recorded TV button on the remote. The Recordings page is displayed.

2. Scroll to the right to select Add Recording.

3. Enter some letters that match with a show. I searched for Mythbusters. Here's a picture of the listing of results. Please note that the highlighted program is listed as beginning at 2:00 AM.

4. Press OK to view the details for the program, and choose to record it. Hey, look! The program REALLY starts at 12:00 (image below). 

Here's why this presents a problem, other than "Come on, y'all are professionals, I shouldn't have to figure out what time a program really starts." Let's say it's 10:15 PM and I'm scanning the guide of live tv listings, and there's something that I want to watch. Wow, I really want to see this from the beginning. I select Other Showtimes and I see that this program starts again at midnight. Yay! I set the DVR to record it. But, it starts recording the program that's playing right now, which actually ISN'T an instance of "other showtimes"--it's the current showtime. 

Other stupid things that came with the interface change are that Video On Demand/Free Shows takes FOREVER to load at initialization, and every sub-section takes several seconds to load, presumably because all those pictures of TV shows allegedly make them more appealing, but the load time and the changes to the interface itself make it really hard to use. (Also, there are lots of junk results, but I don't feel like writing this up right now.) But, I'm sure this is a feature somehow, along with the not-very-bright tips displayed when you turn on the TV and before you press OK. OTOH, this thing with the incorrect times is clearly an error. 

Please advise on how to fix. BTW, the answer is not to reboot the main DVR or to reboot the router. Those do not affect this problem. 

Thanks,

Elissa M. 

Several weeks ago when much of the U-verse TV interface changed, all the times displayed for programs that I use the "Search" feature to locate became messed up, apparently permanently.

To replicate this at any DVR in my house:

1. Click the Recorded TV button on the remote. The Recordings page is displayed.

2. Scroll to the right to select Add Recording.

3. Enter some letters that match with a show. I searched for Mythbusters. Here's a picture of the listing of results. Please note that the highlighted program is listed as beginning at 2:00 AM.

4. Press OK to view the details for the program, and choose to record it. Hey, look! The program REALLY starts at 12:00 (image below). 

Here's why this presents a problem, other than "Come on, y'all are professionals, I shouldn't have to figure out what time a program really starts." Let's say it's 10:15 PM and I'm scanning the guide of live tv listings, and there's something that I want to watch. Wow, I really want to see this from the beginning. I select Other Showtimes and I see that this program starts again at midnight. Yay! I set the DVR to record it. But, it starts recording the program that's playing right now, which actually ISN'T an instance of "other showtimes"--it's the current showtime. 

Other stupid things that came with the interface change are that Video On Demand/Free Shows takes FOREVER to load at initialization, and every sub-section takes several seconds to load, presumably because all those pictures of TV shows allegedly make them more appealing, but the load time and the changes to the interface itself make it really hard to use. (Also, there are lots of junk results, but I don't feel like writing this up right now.) But, I'm sure this is a feature somehow, along with the not-very-bright tips displayed when you turn on the TV and before you press OK. OTOH, this thing with the incorrect times is clearly an error. 

Please advise on how to fix. BTW, the answer is not to reboot the main DVR or to reboot the router. Those do not affect this problem. 

Thanks,

Elissa M. 

Search for programs: List of programs shows start time two hours different from ACTUAL start time

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 5:51:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Search for programs: List of programs shows start time two hours different from ACTUAL start tim

2 of 5 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:22:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well, that's crazy. AT&T *introduced* an obvious error and hasn't fixed it for weeks? It's a feature that USED to work correctly and they broke it, and they haven't managed to fix it yet? Sloppy. I wouldn't accept this in a business software product and frankly, I pay a whole lot less money per month for business software than I do for AT&T consumer TV service. 

Well, that's crazy. AT&T *introduced* an obvious error and hasn't fixed it for weeks? It's a feature that USED to work correctly and they broke it, and they haven't managed to fix it yet? Sloppy. I wouldn't accept this in a business software product and frankly, I pay a whole lot less money per month for business software than I do for AT&T consumer TV service. 

Re: Search for programs: List of programs shows start time two hours different from ACTUAL start tim

3 of 5 (399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:45:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Well, I doubt that the error was introduced intentionally. Also, if was a simple fix, as you suggest, it would have been fixed by now.
Well, I doubt that the error was introduced intentionally. Also, if was a simple fix, as you suggest, it would have been fixed by now.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 11:50:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:52:52 AM

texasguy37 wrote:

I doubt that AT&T introduced it on purpose either and I'm sure that is not what she meant.  I think that she meant "AT&T did something that created this error....  now fix it."  Lol.  It is a known issue but AT&T's silence is a bit worrying.  WE (forum regulars) all know about the issue but folks are still reporting it here and I bet that 1-800-288-2020 CSR's are getting calls on it too.

A function on my day job is "end to testing," where a fix goes in for one issue and I have to look to see if it "breaks: other items," somewhere else.  I think that a software update created this issue.

texasguy37 wrote:

I doubt that AT&T introduced it on purpose either and I'm sure that is not what she meant.  I think that she meant "AT&T did something that created this error....  now fix it."  Lol.  It is a known issue but AT&T's silence is a bit worrying.  WE (forum regulars) all know about the issue but folks are still reporting it here and I bet that 1-800-288-2020 CSR's are getting calls on it too.

A function on my day job is "end to testing," where a fix goes in for one issue and I have to look to see if it "breaks: other items," somewhere else.  I think that a software update created this issue.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (349 Views)