Search Results problem

Tutor

Search Results problem

When using the search function to find a TV program, all results are consistently off by 1 hour.

For instance, if I search for - let's say Criminal Minds, and I get 16 results, when I look at the results in more detail it shows one episode starts at 9:00 AM.  Yet when I switch over to the Guide and look at its listing for the same episode and channel, Guide (correctly) shows it starting at 10:00 AM.

I am located on the east coast and neither I nor the local town providing AT&T's television service are anywhere near the Central Time Zone.

Yet this error consistently happens (only) with the search results.  This has been the case for at least a couple of years.  Has anyone else noticed / experienced similar results?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (369 Views)
Employee

Re: Search Results problem

There are posts on this, the search is Central Time.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (364 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

my thoughts wrote:
There are posts on this, the search is Central Time.

So all search results are shown in CST?  Interesting. 

I'm IN the Central Time Zone but I can see where that would get confusing for those in the other time zones.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)
ACE - Expert

I never noticed the time difference. When I see the program I want, I set it for record. Does not matter where or when.
Where? - Oh yeah. hardly ever pay attention to channel numbers, either. Just select from favorites (or search) & record.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (350 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

While your reply regarding the timing of the "Record" function is certainly valid, not everyone using the Search function intends to recordthe show.

Some of us simply want to know when it's on so we can Watch it.

Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)
Teacher

Yes there is, for over 11 months now. Why can't it be fixed.
Message 6 of 6 (225 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.