Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 8, 2013
8:07:16 PM
View profile
Screwed again! Have to buy "new" equipment after just buying new equipment?

Okay, so a few months ago I upgraded to Uverse and I had to buy the new equipment.  No problem, I still had the old DSL equipment so that was fine.  So now I'm moving about ten minutes from where I currently live and I'm told that I have to buy new equipment again?  Are you serious?  I just bought new equipment 4 months ago!  Is it ATT's goal to screw everyone over because that seems like their main purpose.  Did anyone else get screwed over like this?

Okay, so a few months ago I upgraded to Uverse and I had to buy the new equipment.  No problem, I still had the old DSL equipment so that was fine.  So now I'm moving about ten minutes from where I currently live and I'm told that I have to buy new equipment again?  Are you serious?  I just bought new equipment 4 months ago!  Is it ATT's goal to screw everyone over because that seems like their main purpose.  Did anyone else get screwed over like this?

Screwed again! Have to buy "new" equipment after just buying new equipment?

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 11:12:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Screwed again! Have to buy "new" equipment after just buying new equipment?

2 of 4 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 8:44:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It may actually be necessary for you to purchase new equipment if the type of service (VDSL2 vs ADSL2+) is different between the two locations.  If your current U-verse equipment is compatible with the service at the new location, you should be able to move it and not purchase another.  AT&T has some attractive move specials going on, too.

Please, follow the advice in the above post and contact the Social Customer Care team.  They should be able to help you.

It may actually be necessary for you to purchase new equipment if the type of service (VDSL2 vs ADSL2+) is different between the two locations.  If your current U-verse equipment is compatible with the service at the new location, you should be able to move it and not purchase another.  AT&T has some attractive move specials going on, too.

Please, follow the advice in the above post and contact the Social Customer Care team.  They should be able to help you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 3:29:35 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi c83wolfe,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to take a look at your specific situation.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi c83wolfe,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to take a look at your specific situation.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

4 of 4 (497 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments