Screen format got worse

Teacher

Screen format got worse

First, the Uverse remote required 12 keystrokes to change the screen format from an old movie to a new, letterbox movie. So I complained in this forum.

Apparently they heard my complaint. They eliminated that screen format choice from the menu and forced the old movies to stretch in width.

Now Myrna Loy is going to be fat! Asta's not looking too sleek either.

Does nobody at ATT care about movies?

Message 1 of 24 (1,232 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Screen format got worse

Just use the same button to stretch and Zoom up to 3 to get rid of the letterbox and everythng is still in correct proportion. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 24 (1,202 Views)
Teacher

That zoom menu option no longer exists. That's the point, doh!

Message 3 of 24 (1,196 Views)
ACE - Guru

sfbaywalk wrote:

The "Enter" "Zoom" button is under the 9 key, press the Enter/Zoom and a side menu comes up and then arrow down to the zoom option.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 24 (1,168 Views)
Teacher

I know where the key is. I had it every time I go thru a maddening
sequence of 12 clicks to get the format to change from an old movie to a
new movie.

But nope -- zoom is no longer on the list of choices. Plenty of choices
about favorites.

Try to believe me.

Roy
sfbaywalk wrote:

That zoom menu option no longer exists.

Community support wrote:

The "Enter" "Zoom" button is under the 9 key, press the Enter/Zoom and a
side menu comes up and then arrow down to the zoom option.
Message 5 of 24 (1,151 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

sfbaywalk wrote:

After you hit the Enter/Zoom button (under the #9), you should see the following:

Viewing Options

Favorites List >

Add to Favorites >

Edit/Add Favorites

Audio Language >

Closed Captions >

Zoom >

Channel Search

If you ARE NOT seeing those choices under "Viewing Options", what are you seeing?

Message 6 of 24 (1,131 Views)

skeeterintexas wrote:

sfbaywalk wrote:

After you hit the Enter/Zoom button (under the #9), you should see the following:

Viewing Options

Favorites List >

Add to Favorites >

Edit/Add Favorites

Audio Language >

Closed Captions >

Zoom >

Channel Search

If you ARE NOT seeing those choices under "Viewing Options", what are you seeing?

Who knows, but I'm seeing those same options Skeeter.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 24 (1,111 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

sfbaywalk wrote:

Viewing Options

Favorites List >

Add to Favorites >

Edit/Add Favorites

Audio Language >

Closed Captions >

Zoom >

Channel Search

Who knows, but I'm seeing those same options Skeeter.

My point exactly.  Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 24 (1,112 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

sfbaywalk wrote:

Then use the zoom on your TV from your TV remote. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 9 of 24 (1,097 Views)
ACE - Expert

sfbaywalk - I have been looking at this thread forever, frustrated, with nothing to contribute. This am Chris's signature flashed before my eyes - Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels - triggering the grey matter -

The reason you have NO Zoom selection is your aspect ratio is set to SD. Menu > Options > system options > TV res set to 720 or 1080 & Zoom well return.
Be sure to move the cursor to select the new aspect after the test & You are connected HDMI or component??
Message 10 of 24 (1,081 Views)
ACE - Expert

Aviewer beat me to it: either your connection to the TV doesn't support HD, or you need the resolution.

Message 11 of 24 (1,072 Views)
ACE - Master

Good call guys! 

Now if the OP will give us an update, we'll know if either of those solutions worked.

Message 12 of 24 (1,066 Views)
ACE - Guru

Well that makes sense, nice Awiewer.

Never thought about the SD/HD, never had UVerse without HDTV.

Message 13 of 24 (1,028 Views)
Teacher

aviewer (ACE - Master) wrote:

The reason you have NO Zoom selection is your aspect ratio is set to SD.
Menu > Options > system options > TV res set to 720 or 1080 & Zoom will
return.

My response:

You probably have the correct solution. But I have thought about it and
decided that I am better off without the Uverse zoom menu. My TV remote
can control the aspect ratio in 3 strokes, and I don't have to put up
with the inane Uverse menu which requires 12 strokes.

BTW, I see:

Favorites list
Add to favorites
Edit/add favorites
Audio language
Closed captions
Channel search

Shouldn't "zoom" be first for a button labeled "zoom?"

Thanks,

roy
Message 14 of 24 (1,002 Views)
ACE - Expert

sfbaywalk - Thanks for replying. What is the make/model of your TV? The problem is not limited to the zoom. It is also impacting the quality of the picture. If your TV is 720 or 1080 the interface should be set to match. At least check it out. Look for the zoom menu item while you are there.

You are singing to the choir on the usability (or rather lack of usability analysis) of the interface. There are many cases that require too many button pushes. In this case, they started with the zoom function & added with functions without considering functionality.

The favorites should not be there. They should be a onetime setting in the main menu that affects the result of the guide button.

Seems like the only two that need a quick toggle are zoom and CC. Either could go first. The rest can be under main menu.
Message 15 of 24 (978 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.