Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 4, 2013
7:04:15 AM
Scheduling Series Recording from WRA problem

I noticed last night when I was trying to catch up on one of my shows that there was only 1 episode on my dvr even though I hadn't watched it in a few weeks. 

It turns out that ALL of the series recording I had made from the WRA in the last few months were automatically set to keep only the latest 1 episode. 

Thinking maybe I accidentally changed a default and didn't notice I setup 2 new series recordings today and made sure that they said keep until space is needed. When i checked the series on the STB they were set to keep only the latest 1 episode. 

I recently changed to a Macbook at work and I am wondering if this is a mac problem. 

Thanks for the help. 

I noticed last night when I was trying to catch up on one of my shows that there was only 1 episode on my dvr even though I hadn't watched it in a few weeks. 

It turns out that ALL of the series recording I had made from the WRA in the last few months were automatically set to keep only the latest 1 episode. 

Thinking maybe I accidentally changed a default and didn't notice I setup 2 new series recordings today and made sure that they said keep until space is needed. When i checked the series on the STB they were set to keep only the latest 1 episode. 

I recently changed to a Macbook at work and I am wondering if this is a mac problem. 

Thanks for the help. 

Scheduling Series Recording from WRA problem

15 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:53:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

howlansc wrote:

Thanks for the help. 

When you get home, do a restart on the DVR.  You can hold the power button in for a few seconds, pull the plug or press menu > tools > restart.  After that reboots, try to set up another series (or check to see if the others are still set to keep just one).

howlansc wrote:

Thanks for the help. 

When you get home, do a restart on the DVR.  You can hold the power button in for a few seconds, pull the plug or press menu > tools > restart.  After that reboots, try to set up another series (or check to see if the others are still set to keep just one).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Scheduling Series Recording from WRA problem

2 of 16 (790 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 4:37:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just reset the DVR and setup a series from my PC at home, made sure the keep until was set to Keep until space is needed. when i checked the recording on the STB the keep was only set to keep latest 1 episode.\

This rules out the Mac as being the source.

Just reset the DVR and setup a series from my PC at home, made sure the keep until was set to Keep until space is needed. when i checked the recording on the STB the keep was only set to keep latest 1 episode.\

This rules out the Mac as being the source.

3 of 16 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 11:52:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Anybody else with any thoughts about what is going on?

Anybody else with any thoughts about what is going on?

4 of 16 (718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 12:10:57 PM
(0)
Employee

Are you guys using this one:

http://uverseonline.att.net/guide

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 16 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 1:16:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

Yeah, I just found that yesterday, while I was trying to set a recording from work.  That one is cool!

Fox Mulder wrote:

Yeah, I just found that yesterday, while I was trying to set a recording from work.  That one is cool!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 16 (696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 1:31:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah that is the one I have been using

7 of 16 (691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 5:57:51 AM
(0)
Employee

howlansc wrote:

Is that the one that is having all the problems?

howlansc wrote:

Is that the one that is having all the problems?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 16 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 7:27:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

yeah that is the one I have setting the recordings from and the series recording is only saving the last 1 episode

yeah that is the one I have setting the recordings from and the series recording is only saving the last 1 episode

9 of 16 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 10:24:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

howlansc wrote:

Can other members try the new WRA and see if they also have the "saving only 1 episode" issue?

howlansc wrote:

Can other members try the new WRA and see if they also have the "saving only 1 episode" issue?

10 of 16 (631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 11:54:50 AM
(0)
Employee

howlansc wrote:

When you go back to your STB, what does your scheduled recordings show?

howlansc wrote:

When you go back to your STB, what does your scheduled recordings show?

11 of 16 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 11:56:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dhascall - Gave it a try - It can make you crazy.
The first time I could see that it was set to any channel. That confused me because I thought that series recordings were always per channel & I was not sure where it set one episode. It set up recordings on my DVR.

When I looked at the TV it was recording on both SD & HD. When I went to the series record - there was no series record. So, I canceled it on the WRA & erased the two recordings on the TV.

The second time I changed the recording to the HD channel. Then I noticed that the WRA was set to record only one episode. I must have changed it & tried to do it & it errored out as cannot communicate with DVR.

This makes me ask - where do I set my defaults - Who would want to record both SD & HD?

all these various settings & setups should be applied to all instances. But, they are not even applied to all the STBs in the house - no less apps &sites.

So, it is very easy to get a one episode setup on the WRA because that is the default.
dhascall - Gave it a try - It can make you crazy.
The first time I could see that it was set to any channel. That confused me because I thought that series recordings were always per channel & I was not sure where it set one episode. It set up recordings on my DVR.

When I looked at the TV it was recording on both SD & HD. When I went to the series record - there was no series record. So, I canceled it on the WRA & erased the two recordings on the TV.

The second time I changed the recording to the HD channel. Then I noticed that the WRA was set to record only one episode. I must have changed it & tried to do it & it errored out as cannot communicate with DVR.

This makes me ask - where do I set my defaults - Who would want to record both SD & HD?

all these various settings & setups should be applied to all instances. But, they are not even applied to all the STBs in the house - no less apps &sites.

So, it is very easy to get a one episode setup on the WRA because that is the default.

12 of 16 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 12:15:33 PM
(0)
Employee

dhascall wrote:

howlansc wrote:

I did not have a problem.

If you tried this and it returned ONE recording, VERIFY that is has more than ONE airing by schedluing the same show on your STB. If you get a variation, let us know.

dhascall wrote:

howlansc wrote:

I did not have a problem.

If you tried this and it returned ONE recording, VERIFY that is has more than ONE airing by schedluing the same show on your STB. If you get a variation, let us know.

13 of 16 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 1:44:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I tried the recording setup again -
I changed the channel from all to one & changed the amount to NOT one
Hit the series record button
Checked the TV & the series record showed not one & there were two episodes scheduled.
Since the default is one, I think it is easy to get that result without wanting it.
Does anyone know how to change the defaults?
I tried the recording setup again -
I changed the channel from all to one & changed the amount to NOT one
Hit the series record button
Checked the TV & the series record showed not one & there were two episodes scheduled.
Since the default is one, I think it is easy to get that result without wanting it.
Does anyone know how to change the defaults?

14 of 16 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 5:59:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

I can record a series no problem it will record all new episodes. The problem comes from the kepp until. It will only keep 1 episode of that series. So if there is one already on the DVR and a new episode comes on, it will delete the one that was previously on the DVR in order to record the new episode. I can update this from the STB but I had never had to previously. 

I can record a series no problem it will record all new episodes. The problem comes from the kepp until. It will only keep 1 episode of that series. So if there is one already on the DVR and a new episode comes on, it will delete the one that was previously on the DVR in order to record the new episode. I can update this from the STB but I had never had to previously. 

15 of 16 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 8:21:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
howlansc - Just to verify - when you are on the guide & select a show/episode You get red buttons to record series or episode.

When you click record series, you get a drop down - the third item is any time, once per day you change it to any day any time & hit the blue schedule recording button.

When you look at the series record on the TV it still says once per day??
howlansc - Just to verify - when you are on the guide & select a show/episode You get red buttons to record series or episode.

When you click record series, you get a drop down - the third item is any time, once per day you change it to any day any time & hit the blue schedule recording button.

When you look at the series record on the TV it still says once per day??

16 of 16 (532 Views)