Scheduling Errors when shows are scheduled 1 minute past the hour

Contributor

Scheduling Errors when shows are scheduled 1 minute past the hour

With many shows being scheduled 1 minute past the hour (8-9:01), it is causing conflicts on my dvr.  This is extremely frustrating because I then miss an entire show because one show goes over by 1 minute.

Is there a way to reducing the recording time by a minute?  I know you can extend recording time, but I don't see an option to reduce it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Scheduling Errors when shows are scheduled 1 minute past the hour

Unfortunately, there is no way.  Sometimes I think the networks do that (over lap the time into the next minute) on purpose, to frustrate those trying to record shows on competing networks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Scheduling Errors when shows are scheduled 1 minute past the hour

JJ12 wrote:

With many shows being scheduled 1 minute past the hour (8-9:01), it is causing conflicts on my dvr.  This is extremely frustrating because I then miss an entire show because one show goes over by 1 minute.

Is there a way to reducing the recording time by a minute?  I know you can extend recording time, but I don't see an option to reduce it.

Thanks.

Set up a manual recording for that show to end it on the hour or if it's a cable show, there is usualy a later version that won't interfer w/that extra minute. 

Just set that one to record and delete the earlier offending one. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support