Samsung B2230HD

Mentor

Samsung B2230HD

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have the Uverse code for this TV?

I tried all the code the Uverse had on the help section but none worked.  Any help would be nice.

Thank you.

Joe {Personal content removed for safety}

Message 1 of 13 (1,406 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Samsung B2230HD

If you were to go to Radio Shack & get a Logitech Harmony 200 for $20, the code you would use to program it for your TV would be TV/Samsung/B2230HD.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13 (1,396 Views)
Mentor

Thanks, but not the help I was looking for.
Message 3 of 13 (1,387 Views)
Expert

You can also try the App on your TV:
Menu > Help > System Setup > Program Your UV Remote

Message 4 of 13 (1,375 Views)
Guru

Joe Golden wrote:
Thanks, but not the help I was looking for.

Ahhh, Houston we may have a problem here.

This "TV" is in actuality marketed as a monitor (hence, the quotes I put around TV): Samsung Business page. This fact, now, throws a different monkey wrench into the mix. They could be offering the remote as a convenience, because they are intending it to be used as a monitor, but it has the added capability of bringing you TV while at the computer. So, what I'm thinking, is that they designed it to work only with their own remote specific to these models, because I have a feeling this monitor's siblings (on the link's page) probably all use the same one. If that's the case, then Samsung could even "lock out" usage by their own TV remotes.

Google isn't turning up any similar requests for folks looking for a universal remote code, but that's only one search I've done so far.

I have to say, you're blazing a new trail with this question. I'll see what I can turn up, but if Samsung specifically limits these monitors to using only their supplied remote, you might just have to try the Harmony remote path. But, judging by my initial Google search, even that could be a dead-end.

Have some patience ...

Message 5 of 13 (1,365 Views)
ACE - Expert

jbdet313 - Thats one of the great things about the Logitech Harmony - You don't wonder and guess and search the web - You just go to their website & enter your device & it tells you whether or not it is supported -
http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/Main.asp?WebProcessAction=Start&ReturnUrl=%2FEasyZapper%2F%2...

Should you find a problem you call them up & they can download a fix or you can have the Harmony learn the function from the Samsung remote

You can have confidence that you can accomplish every function.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 13 (1,357 Views)
Mentor

thanks to all who have responded. I am doing this for a dear friend who is in her 80's. I don't think a Harmony remote is what she needs.
Message 7 of 13 (1,346 Views)
Expert

Nice of you to help out, and even harder to do if you don't live close.

I don't know if you found this section, for other codes that might work?
http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers/HOW-TO-GUIDES-INSTRUCTIONS-AND-BASIC-TROUBLESHOOTING/m-p/2173365#...

Message 8 of 13 (1,342 Views)
ACE - Expert

Joe Golden - If you think a simplified remote is called for - here is a good one that supports U-verse. You will have to contact them to see if the TV is supported. The Amazon reviews seem to indicate that their support is very good. -

http://www.flipperremote.com/index.html
Message 9 of 13 (1,337 Views)
Mentor

Thanks, I haven't found this page before but looking at the codes I know I have tried them and failed.
Message 10 of 13 (1,335 Views)
Guru

Possible success ...

UNDER TV: Try to use the Mitsubishi codes (1004, 1005, 1018 are same for Samsung, so disregard those) and Toshiba.

UNDER LCD TV: Try the Samsung codes there (if you haven't already), and the Mitsubishi and Toshiba codes.

Message 11 of 13 (1,196 Views)
Contributor

Manuel code enter 1006 and bingo Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 13 (746 Views)
Highlighted

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 13 of 13 (733 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.