Helpful Links

Samsung 8000 and 9000 Series TVs and IR emitter causes uVerse box to restart after its turned off

Contributor

Samsung 8000 and 9000 Series TVs and IR emitter causes uVerse box to restart after its turned off

Samsung HD and UHD TVs have an issue when connected to uVerse,

If the TV and uVerse box are off and you use the uVerse remote to turn them on, everything works OK.

If the TV and uVerse box are on and you use the uVerse remote to turn them off, the TV and the uVerse box will turn off and the uVerse box will immediately turn back on.

The reason this happens is Samsung provides a black IR device that is plugged into the 8000 series TV or into the one-connect box on the 9000 series TV.  This device sends its own signal to the uVerse box which turns it back on after the uVerse remote send a signal to turn the TV and uVerse box off.

SOLUTION:  Disconnect the Samsung provided IR device and the uVerse remote will proerly turn on and turn off the TV and the uVerse box.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Samsung 8000 and 9000 Series TVs and IR emitter causes uVerse box to restart after its turned of

chaag46 - Thanks for sharing the heads up.

I was thinking there must be a reason for this feature. I looked at the manual & see that it allows you to control the "cable box" with the Samsung remote.

This is a mouselike remote, with on-screen display. This is my fantasy remote. I will have too look for one. Although, it may not play well with the U-verse menu. Looks like you have demonstrated that it supports U-verse IR.

Seems like it needs to tell the difference between a trigger generated by the TV activity & the Samsung remote so that you could seamlessly use either remote. A feature such as this often conflicts with another method.

Check out pages 11-14 for more detail - http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201403/20140314131832559/[UH8000-ZA]BN68-05868A-03ENG-0...

It might be interesting to see how well it works. This could be a good feature for hiding the STB.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support