Same Conversations In All Provider Forums

ACE - Professor

Same Conversations In All Provider Forums

Out of curiousity I went to the Comcast Forum and checked out a thread concerning the lack of Fox Sports 2 on Comcast. The posters on this thread sound just like posters on the Hallmark, Al Jazeera America, or whatever thread you pick.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Why-does-Comcast-not-carry-Fox-Sports-2-former...

For those unhappy subscribers on this forum, it isn't just U-Verse, but all television providers have unhappy subscribers due to the lack of this or that channel.

If you leave one provider for the other, I am convinced you will always be able to find something wrong with your new provider.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 14 (818 Views)
Employee

Re: Same Conversations In All Provider Forums

Thanks for sharing!

Smiley Very Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14 (814 Views)

I can tell you that Verizon FiOS's Facebook page also has some pretty unhappy customers as well.

Message 3 of 14 (765 Views)

Can't be true, it's on AT&T that removes my favorite channels and charges me 500% more each year. My old provider gave me 300 channels for free and they were at my house before I called because they realized I was going to have a problem tomorrow and they wanted to fix it before it happened. They also had a human that answered the phone and always on the first ring, they were all based in the US and the techs all had masters degrees in computer science.

Spoiler
Then I woke up from that dream. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 14 (740 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Can't be true, it's only AT&T that removes my favorite channels and charges me 500% more each year. My old provider gave me 300 channels for free and they were at my house before I called because they realized I was going to have a problem tomorrow and they wanted to fix it before it happened. They also had a human that answered the phone and always on the first ring, they were all based in the US and the techs all had masters degrees in computer science.

Spoiler
Then I woke up from that dream. Smiley Very Happy

Your old provider provided nothing compared to my old provider. Mine had all of that stuff that your old provider provided plus a lot more. Mine treated me to a weekly steak and lobster dinner for three years as part of my signing up. They also sent a lawn service to cut my grass and take care of my landscaping.

In addition, instead of having to watch the Cardinals on Fox Sports Midwest, I had the option of a free luxury box at Busch Stadium with all of the food and beer that I wanted. The Hallmark Channel and The Hallmark Movie Channels were on four different channels each so that I would never have to miss any of their 24/7 original programming.

If I had a problem, the tech was always a former dancer at one of the fine clubs on the East Side who came to my house just because she wanted to.

I will take my former provider over your former provider anytime.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 14 (719 Views)
ACE - Professor

That makes sense, but I know you're joking. Here's how it makes "sense." They gave you the steaks...but you had nothing to cut them with until you came to AT&T!
Message 6 of 14 (681 Views)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:
That makes sense, but I know you're joking. Here's how it makes "sense." They gave you the steaks...but you had nothing to cut them with until you came to AT&T!

You are correct. There are steak knives for all ACE people.

Message 7 of 14 (650 Views)
Mentor

Free large pizza with every 25 hours of Shopping from Home TV watched is why I'm still with U-verse. The other provider has faster internet speed, better onDemand selections, and the most "live" sports of any provider.

Message 8 of 14 (639 Views)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

Out of curiousity I went to the Comcast Forum and checked out a thread concerning the lack of Fox Sports 2 on Comcast. The posters on this thread sound just like posters on the Hallmark, Al Jazeera America, or whatever thread you pick.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Why-does-Comcast-not-carry-Fox-Sports-2-former...

For those unhappy subscribers on this forum, it isn't just U-Verse, but all television providers have unhappy subscribers due to the lack of this or that channel.

If you leave one provider for the other, I am convinced you will always be able to find something wrong with your new provider.

Your experiment pretty much sums up what I (and most likely you) already knew - most "casual" posters to a forum come to complain about something.  Yes, OPW are often the scourge of any forum but for many, that may be their only post, as they get their answer and they may not come back.

If it involves a missing channel, the posts probably say the same thing, no matter if it's ATT, Cox, Dish or whoever:  "My salesperson said all of my favorite channels are included" and the like.

I actually checked various providers forums and it is amazing how word for word that posts are - that's not a conspiracy, it's human nature.  Folks love to complain, but their motivation is the same - they want to have what they want to have, lol.  Hopefully folks will stay engaged but if they accept the answer "U-Verse hasn't had Hallmark for years," they may not be chatty folks and don't want to stay.

Message 9 of 14 (625 Views)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Your experiment pretty much sums up what I (and most likely you) already knew - most "casual" posters to a forum come to complain about something.  Yes, OPW are often the scourge of any forum but for many, that may be their only post, as they get their answer and they may not come back.

If it involves a missing channel, the posts probably say the same thing, no matter if it's ATT, Cox, Dish or whoever:  "My salesperson said all of my favorite channels are included" and the like.

I actually checked various providers forums and it is amazing how word for word that posts are - that's not a conspiracy, it's human nature.  Folks love to complain, but their motivation is the same - they want to have what they want to have, lol.  Hopefully folks will stay engaged but if they accept the answer "U-Verse hasn't had Hallmark for years," they may not be chatty folks and don't want to stay.

I am convinced that most of the One Post One and Done Wonders do not even wait for an answer, especially the ones who make threats to leave and/or announce they are leaving and/or post in all capital letters. They post just to say, "Hey, I can type", and then disappear, never to be seen again, before anyone can respond to their posts.

Message 10 of 14 (608 Views)
ACE - Master

Easy to check - click on  a OPW's name.  You can see date / time  joined and last visited.  If they are the same as the post date - they are a drive by poster.  I'm sure that AT&T has tools to check that (and much more, like how much time spent and so on).  IMHO drive by posters would not sway AT&T's mind BUT if someone joins on Monday, posts and then returns on Wednesday and looks at their thread, that may sway them, even if they never post again.

Message 11 of 14 (580 Views)
ACE - Professor

kgraham182 wrote:

Free large pizza with every 25 hours of Shopping from Home TV watched is why I'm still with U-verse. The other provider has faster internet speed, better onDemand selections, and the most "live" sports of any provider.

There's a reason why most sports bars have DirecTV. DTV has all the league packages (including NASCAR Hot Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket) or whatever the NASCAR one is called.

I was unaware that DirecTV had faster internet speed.

Message 12 of 14 (504 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

dwinth writes: "Out of curiousity I went to the Comcast Forum and checked out a thread concerning the lack of Fox Sports 2 on Comcast. The posters on this thread sound just like posters on the Hallmark, Al Jazeera America, or whatever thread you pick.…

"If you leave one provider for the other, I am convinced you will always be able to find something wrong with your new provider."

Criticism of providers is fine. Like doing an evaulation, and wanting to repair the holes. "You're missing this channel. You're missing that channel." (I understand that Comcast is behind.)

Those who left AT&T U-verse because of the dropping of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, or NHL Network, or Al Jazeera America, well … it's likely they did soon thereafter because it was an issue to applicable consumer[s]. Same thing for anyone who dropped Dish Network over losses, that went on for a while in either 2012 or 2013, with AMC Networks (AMC, IFC, We TV, Sundance Channel, and Fuse). Same goes for those who canceled DirecTV for having dropped The Weather Channel or, years before, G4. (Which is now defunt.)

Point is, if people consider this to be enough of a deal-breaker, they'll leave. They are not likely going to to spend personal time to mount some effort on a company's website, in their discussion forums, to get a company to return the lost programming.

Message 13 of 14 (475 Views)

baseballisback wrote:

kgraham182 wrote:

There's a reason why most sports bars have DirecTV. DTV has all the league packages (including NASCAR Hot Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket) or whatever the NASCAR one is called.

I was unaware that DirecTV had faster internet speed.

That's funny, I don't care who you are? DTV does not have faster internet, they do have satellite internet, but it is no way faster or more reliable.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 14 of 14 (455 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.