SO many issues with uverse I am over it Please help??

Tutor

SO many issues with uverse I am over it Please help??

Okay I started with basic DSL from AT&T that had some issues but got them all taken care of..Then i get the call to switch to UVerse its better they say for all the items I use..Okay so I switch..UGH Problem after problem-Spent hours on phone and on chat with reps had one come out claimed it was a virus in one of our systems umm no..Heres my issues WII and Playstation3 glitchy,cannot online game,loads forever,signs you out..I have never had these systems hard wired EVER always been wireless..Then My laptops and desktops all have issues loading takes forever and ever,or some web pages just do not load or at times it says no connection yet we are connected..2nd Tech comes out gives us a differet modem AT&T824 and he says we have someone on the connection using a large amount weird nothing was on at time..So here I am listening to my husband and kids complain about game systems and getting frustrated with the internet wishing I would have NEVER switched it took 6 mths for first issue to get fixed..Please help me Or I will have to change this service cause I am very very unhappy!! Thank you to anyone who can help me..

Message 1 of 12 (501 Views)
Community Manager

Re: SO many issues with uverse I am over it Please help??

Hello, DiannaH!

Thanks for posting! I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with your service. If you don't mind, please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 12 (500 Views)
Tutor

I will try to send a private message but I really do not have time or patience to sit online chatting on issue or spending my whole day on the phone doing the same tests I have done to get no result then have another tech come out with no resolution..But I will try.. Thanks

Message 3 of 12 (496 Views)
ACE - Expert

The guys in the U-verse escalation group are different from the script readers you get when calling in or on chat.  It's definately worth the try.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12 (484 Views)
Tutor

Pm sent now I wait again..Hopefully not 6 mths again cause throwing money out the window for terrible service is making me nutty..But I have faith maybe maybe it will be fixed and done..

Message 5 of 12 (479 Views)
Community Support

Hi DiannaH,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 12 (420 Views)
Tutor

I have replied back sorry it took some time internet was buggy and I was pretty busy this week. Thanks for getting back to me

Message 7 of 12 (401 Views)
Mentor

My suggestion would be to go into your RGs control panel via 192.168.1.254
Get the Device Access Code/System Password from the side of the RG, it is NOT the same as the wireless network key. Then goto your wireless network configuration page. Find the wireless channel and make sure it's NOT on AUTO. If it is, lock it into a channel besides 1, 6, or 11. I usually use 9. I'd be willing to bet money it will at least make it better. It won't always fix it, but that auto channel feature is garbage and they should remove it from the gateways.  I've helped countless customers with this issue as a Uverse Phone Tech. I've found that most people with iPads or other Apple devices will notice the issue the fastest. I don't know why but it seems to effect them worse. There is probably an 80% chance this will fix your wifi issues!

Message 8 of 12 (325 Views)
Tutor

Thanks I will try that..now its limited to drop offs and sign offs on PS3 and Wii ugh I am not hardwiring something I never have before Smiley Happy so I will try that now Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12 (280 Views)
Tutor

Okay Computers seem to be working better..but still issues with Playstation 3 and Wii online play and Playstation network signs me out or fails to connect..Now I read something about the firewall in moden could be causing these issues?? cause now this is my only issue..and I am not wiring systems I never ever had wired with other modems from AT@T HELP.....

Message 10 of 12 (273 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

The problem with the gaming systems is that the correct ports need to be forwarded in the firewall settings on the gateway.  They are in the same page that I mentioned in my previous message. Just make sure to go to the firewall settings page. There are presets for a lot of the gaming systems, you just have to assign them to the correct IP addresses on the network.

Message 11 of 12 (247 Views)
Highlighted

MrBooMY wrote:

The problem with the gaming systems is that the correct ports need to be forwarded in the firewall settings on the gateway.  They are in the same page that I mentioned in my previous message. Just make sure to go to the firewall settings page. There are presets for a lot of the gaming systems, you just have to assign them to the correct IP addresses on the network.

Only in some cases, I have a PS3, DS, several ROKU's and a Slingbox and I've not once had to open any ports on my firewall to allow them through.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 12 of 12 (229 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.