Roku is the answer!

Mentor

Roku is the answer!

It's been a while since I've posted here! Way back I wanted a bunch of channels in hd, I got all of them! I had U450, U300, and now have U200! And then I discovered ROKU! You can roku online or at best buy, walmart! Anyway, people upset over Nhl? You can get the NHL on Roku! You want Bbc world news, aljazeera? You can get for free on ROKU! You love MLS, you can get on Roku! Ufc, on Roku! And you get netflix, huluplus, amazon movies! With the new roku you can play angry birds on your tv!
Message 1 of 22 (4,188 Views)
Mentor

Re: Roku is the answer!

Sorry, I ate you can get!
Message 2 of 22 (4,182 Views)
Mentor

Also, you have Epix on Roku! Pandora, last.fm, mog! A bunch of other news channels from france, germany, russia! A bunch of arab channels, spanish channels!
Message 3 of 22 (4,178 Views)
Mentor

Rokus are cheap! There's also google tv which is awesome! Just remember you probably will need faster internet speeds! I have u200 with hd, and 12 Mbps internet!
Message 4 of 22 (4,177 Views)
Mentor

And roku is 720p hd, but netflix comes in 1080i hd on roku, the high end roku supports 5.1 surround sound! So epix, nhl, are all in hd! There are a bunch of other channels you can get on roku! It's your choice! Let me warn you the nhl and mls channels you pay a subscription, like netflix and huluplus!
Message 5 of 22 (4,172 Views)
Mentor

And the nasa channel in hd is free on roku!
Message 6 of 22 (4,168 Views)
Mentor

The jewelry channel is in hd on roku, the opposite of uverse!
Message 7 of 22 (4,167 Views)
Mentor

Cnn international is free on roku
Message 8 of 22 (4,166 Views)
Expert

What's the name of this box again?
Message 9 of 22 (4,158 Views)
Mentor

Funny! I just thought that people are complaining that their channels are not on uverse, or it was dropped, that they have alternatives and still keep uverse! Uverse has all the channels I want and then some, and I got the roku and google tv, because they were cheap, and discovered a bunch of stuff! I don't watch the nhl, but someone out there watches it, and it's upset it was dropped, they can get the roku for that, and keep uverse! I love uverse!
Message 10 of 22 (4,140 Views)
Professor

I have had one for a year It is nice but I cannot see usuuuueint it as my only content provider

Message 11 of 22 (4,078 Views)
Mentor

Roku is a complement to uverse! I use roku, google tv with uverse! You can't use roku alone, first you need internet from uverse, than there not enough programmimg on roku to cut the cord! There's no local news, children channels, live events/sports (depends if you get mls, nhl, ufc on roku)
Message 12 of 22 (4,075 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Bastosbrian wrote:
Roku is a complement to uverse! I use roku, google tv with uverse! You can't use roku alone, first you need internet from uverse, than there not enough programmimg on roku to cut the cord! There's no local news, children channels, live events/sports (depends if you get mls, nhl, ufc on roku)

GET A OTA ANTENNA FOR NETWORK TELEVISION AND OTHER LOCAL CHANNELS. IF YOU WANT TO RECORD, BUY A TV TUNER TO PLUG INTO YOUR NETWORK OR PC AND YOU DONT NEED TO PLAY ANY MORE CABLE GAMES. 

Message 13 of 22 (4,032 Views)
Professor

CTEL08 wrote:

Bastosbrian wrote:

GET A OTA ANTENNA FOR NETWORK TELEVISION AND OTHER LOCAL CHANNELS. IF YOU WANT TO RECORD, BUY A TV TUNER TO PLUG INTO YOUR NETWORK OR PC AND YOU DONT NEED TO PLAY ANY MORE CABLE GAMES. 

AND CERTAINLY STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT IS REALLY HARD TO READ, QUITE ANNOYING ON THE EYES, AND IS THE ONLINE EQUIVALENT TO SHOUTING!

Message 14 of 22 (3,968 Views)
Professor

So Bastosbrian, are you selling them? If you have not taken notice, this is a forum about ATT's U-Verse service. If you want to talk about Roku, there are the forums at either avsforum.com or roku.com.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.