Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 13, 2013
5:59:39 PM
View profile
Ripped off a bit

New install today with the U450 package and did not get the DVR with 150 hours of HD capacity. Received the VIP1225 because the installer didn't have the larger DVR in stock. How do I get the larger DVR? Tried calling customer service and technical support and got the run-around. Tech support guy told me the VIP 1225 has 150 hours of HD capacity.

New install today with the U450 package and did not get the DVR with 150 hours of HD capacity. Received the VIP1225 because the installer didn't have the larger DVR in stock. How do I get the larger DVR? Tried calling customer service and technical support and got the run-around. Tech support guy told me the VIP 1225 has 150 hours of HD capacity.

Ripped off a bit

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 8:09:11 PM
(0)
Employee
The 1225 is currently listed as one of two larger DVRs, the tech provided you with what was on his/her truck that meet the qualification of the order.
A call to TS or chat online for shipment of the 2250, you would be required to swap equipment and cables and return 1225 via shipping within days.

Did you ask the tech before installation if he had the desired DVR, if yes and informed of what was being supplied you could have requested a reschedule of the installation at a later due date or accept the equipment as has occurred.

Now choices are
1) to keep 1225 till issue develops
2) or request shipment as stated
3) OR DISPATCH on DEMAND for new DVR, this is a special request
Includes a $149 CHARGE added to you first bill (prorated plus next month in full) plus any additional charges.
The 1225 is currently listed as one of two larger DVRs, the tech provided you with what was on his/her truck that meet the qualification of the order.
A call to TS or chat online for shipment of the 2250, you would be required to swap equipment and cables and return 1225 via shipping within days.

Did you ask the tech before installation if he had the desired DVR, if yes and informed of what was being supplied you could have requested a reschedule of the installation at a later due date or accept the equipment as has occurred.

Now choices are
1) to keep 1225 till issue develops
2) or request shipment as stated
3) OR DISPATCH on DEMAND for new DVR, this is a special request
Includes a $149 CHARGE added to you first bill (prorated plus next month in full) plus any additional charges.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Ripped off a bit

2 of 7 (478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 11:01:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

adkinsjm wrote:

You can try Customer care for the 2250 here:

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST, response can take up to 2 business days. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

adkinsjm wrote:

You can try Customer care for the 2250 here:

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST, response can take up to 2 business days. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 1:48:39 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi adkinsjm,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be looking into this and reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi adkinsjm,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be looking into this and reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

4 of 7 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 5:55:22 PM
(0)
Guru

Don't fret! Att will work it out eventually and the 2250 will be worth the wait. I just upgraded myself and made sure the tech had it on the truck. Keep the faith.

Don't fret! Att will work it out eventually and the 2250 will be worth the wait. I just upgraded myself and made sure the tech had it on the truck. Keep the faith.

5 of 7 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 5:59:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

Contacted AT&T through Twitter and a tech showed up yesterday to do the swap. The tech wondered why the regular sales or tech support wouldn't authorize a swap. I'm surprised he even asked.

Contacted AT&T through Twitter and a tech showed up yesterday to do the swap. The tech wondered why the regular sales or tech support wouldn't authorize a swap. I'm surprised he even asked.

6 of 7 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 9:19:04 AM
(0)
Guru

I had to fight to get a 2250 but in the end, a Tier-2 agent ordered me one for overnight shipping to my house.

It's definitely a nicer DVR than the 1225, much faster in terms of the user interface.

I had to fight to get a 2250 but in the end, a Tier-2 agent ordered me one for overnight shipping to my house.

It's definitely a nicer DVR than the 1225, much faster in terms of the user interface.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

7 of 7 (315 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments