Richard Dawson, Dead at 79

Expert

Richard Dawson, Dead at 79

Message 1 of 9 (459 Views)
Employee

Re: Richard Dawson, Dead at 79

He was good as the host of that show.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9 (448 Views)
ACE - Master

Richard Dawson was pretty cool.  LOVED him as a celeb on Match Game.  He wasn't good, he was great.  He was good on the Family Feud but you could just see that he wasn't as congenial on there like he was on Match Game.  GSN (IIRC) had a show about 6 years ago (?) on the FF.  It revealed that there was some acromony on there and I guess that he was fairly hard on some of the producers. 

At any rate, RIP, buddy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9 (424 Views)
Expert

For those interested in walking down memory lane, the Game Show Network (GSN) (channel 173) will have a tribute to Richard Dawson on June 7th by broadcasting a marathon of Match Game and Family Feud episodes.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/485525-GSN_to_Honor_Dawson_with_June_7_Marathon.php

Message 4 of 9 (422 Views)
Master

I liked both Family Feud and Hogan's Hero's .

Message 5 of 9 (417 Views)
ACE - Master

Yes!!  Hogan's Hero's.  Love that show.  Guess because they were so sneeky.......

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9 (413 Views)
ACE - Master

Speaking of Family Fued, I wonder what the highest point total was in Fast Money for the first family member, where the second family member did not get enough points to hit 200?  I know that in Family Guy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy Lois got like 198 or so and Peter choked on the first question and they never got to 200, lol.

Conversely, I wonder what the highest point total that the second family member received to win, when the first one messed up?

I did see highlights of one "Fast Moneyt" where the first member got over 200 and they tricked the second into thinking that

he had only got like 20 or something.  That was cool.

I guess that you can tell that I like game shows?  Yes, I have the soiundtrack too:

1. Wheel Of Fortune (Changing Keys) - Merv Griffin
2. Jeopardy! - Merv Griffin
3. What's My Line? (Rollercoaster) - Miton DeLugg, Lou Busch
4. I've Got A Secret (Plink Plank Plunk - Norman Paris
5. Password - Robert A. Israel
6. To Tell The Truth - Robert A. Israel, Paul Alter
7. Tic Tac Dough - Hal Hidey
8. The Joker's Wild - Hal Hidey
9. GE College Bowl - Don Reid
10. The Wizard Of Odds - Alan Thicke
11. The Dating Game - Chuck Barris, David Mook
12. The Newlywed Game - Chuck Barris
13. The $25,000 Pyramid - Bob Cobert
14. The Price Is Right - Robert A. Israel
15. Match Game - Robert A. Israel
16. Family Feud - Robert A. Israel
17. Card Sharks - Edward Woodley Kalehoff
18. Jackpot - Bob Cobert
19. Go - Bob Cobert
20. Chain Reaction - Bob Cobert
Message 7 of 9 (405 Views)

A little too much day-time TV there Dave? Smiley Wink

I guess that's better than soap operas.Smiley Very Happy

Used to watch Hogan's Heroes all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 8 of 9 (393 Views)
ACE - Master

Computer-Joe wrote:

A little too much day-time TV there Dave? Smiley Wink

I guess that's better than soap operas.Smiley Very Happy

Used to watch Hogan's Heroes all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

I watched game shows from 3-5 almost every day, while in Middle School and lots of Game shows while on Summer break.  I am not a Couch Potato now, but now I look like a couch and/or potato......

Message 9 of 9 (375 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.