Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 4, 2013
6:41:45 PM
Rewards promised not given

When I signed up for a Uverse Bundle, I was told I could get a Kindle Fire or an Xbox 360. I chose a Kindle Fire.  Received my reward notification today for $100 gift card.  Where's the Kindle Fire?  From other posts on this site as well as on the internet, it seems I'm not the only one who was promised something they did not receive.  Can anyone advise me how to proceed?

Thanks!

When I signed up for a Uverse Bundle, I was told I could get a Kindle Fire or an Xbox 360. I chose a Kindle Fire.  Received my reward notification today for $100 gift card.  Where's the Kindle Fire?  From other posts on this site as well as on the internet, it seems I'm not the only one who was promised something they did not receive.  Can anyone advise me how to proceed?

Thanks!

Rewards promised not given

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 6:47:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have had U-verse for 3 1/2 years, I have never seen a promotion for a free Kindle Fire or an XBox 360 for signing up for U-verse service.  Where did you see this promotion?  Do you have a link to a website?

I have had U-verse for 3 1/2 years, I have never seen a promotion for a free Kindle Fire or an XBox 360 for signing up for U-verse service.  Where did you see this promotion?  Do you have a link to a website?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Rewards promised not given

2 of 16 (2,679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 8:33:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If there were a kindle fire or xbox 360 as a promo then I want mine.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

If there were a kindle fire or xbox 360 as a promo then I want mine.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 16 (2,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 5:57:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Another poster mentioned the Kindle or Xbox promo back in November. I did a little googling and found a promo from an authorized retailer known as attsavings.com (no longer active). Perhaps that's where OP purchased his/her service.

Another poster mentioned the Kindle or Xbox promo back in November. I did a little googling and found a promo from an authorized retailer known as attsavings.com (no longer active). Perhaps that's where OP purchased his/her service.

4 of 16 (2,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 3:32:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

The AT&T rep that i was speaking to on the phone offered it to me.  I called AT&T to switch to Uverse.  She said they were having a special.  If I signed up for a Uverse Bundle, I could get my choice of a Kindle Fire or an Xbox 360.  This was what the AT&T rep told me on the phone.  I signed up, and she told me I would get a rewards letter in the mail in about 30 days, which I did. It was for a gift card, not a Kndle Fire.

The AT&T rep that i was speaking to on the phone offered it to me.  I called AT&T to switch to Uverse.  She said they were having a special.  If I signed up for a Uverse Bundle, I could get my choice of a Kindle Fire or an Xbox 360.  This was what the AT&T rep told me on the phone.  I signed up, and she told me I would get a rewards letter in the mail in about 30 days, which I did. It was for a gift card, not a Kndle Fire.

5 of 16 (2,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 3:36:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Btw, yes, this was in November.  My installation was Dec. 5th.

Btw, yes, this was in November.  My installation was Dec. 5th.

6 of 16 (2,587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 3:55:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Schoolmom3 wrote:

Did you call 800-288-2020 to place your order? When I was a rep, I had customers insist the AT&T rep told them such and such, but then they told me the number they called an it was an AT&T authorized retailer.

Schoolmom3 wrote:

Did you call 800-288-2020 to place your order? When I was a rep, I had customers insist the AT&T rep told them such and such, but then they told me the number they called an it was an AT&T authorized retailer.

7 of 16 (2,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 11:47:16 AM
(0)
Community Support

HI Schoolmom3,

I replied to your PM. Unfortunately we do not offer Kindles or Xboxs to sign you. There are vendors like Best Buy that offer free cases or gift cards when you purchase from them and they are responsible for that.

Sorry,

ATTChrisZ

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

HI Schoolmom3,

I replied to your PM. Unfortunately we do not offer Kindles or Xboxs to sign you. There are vendors like Best Buy that offer free cases or gift cards when you purchase from them and they are responsible for that.

Sorry,

ATTChrisZ

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

8 of 16 (2,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 7:12:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am in same boat, exact same situation.

BTW, I recd. several emails from AT&T saying switch to AT&T and chosse between Kindle Fire HD or XBOX or SONOS. Here is the email:

Get a FREE Kindle Fire HD or other great gifts when you order a qualifying U-verse bundle.
Shop now  |  View online
Order online now    |    Find an AT&T store    |    Call  1.855.242.3748
AT&T
What is U-verse®?     |     Why Switch?     |     Total Home DVR®     |     Interactive Features     |     Demo
the choice is yours Vikas
Switch to AT&T U-verse and you can choose a FREE gift below. This special offer is only
for a limited number of customers in Chicago – and you're one of them!
U-verse TV + High Speed Internet
$
a month1
Lock in this low price for 24 whole months with a one-year term (other charges apply)
Choose Your Gift
U-verse TV
U-verse TV
Enjoy 100% digital TV and the ability 
to record four shows at once with an 
HD-ready Total Home DVR® that is 
included FREE for life.2
Learn more >
U-verse High Speed Internet
Experience more speed, more 
reliability and more connectivity with 
our home High Speed Internet on an 
advanced digital network.
Learn more >

I am in same boat, exact same situation.

BTW, I recd. several emails from AT&T saying switch to AT&T and chosse between Kindle Fire HD or XBOX or SONOS. Here is the email:

Get a FREE Kindle Fire HD or other great gifts when you order a qualifying U-verse bundle.
Shop now  |  View online
Order online now    |    Find an AT&T store    |    Call  1.855.242.3748
AT&T
What is U-verse®?     |     Why Switch?     |     Total Home DVR®     |     Interactive Features     |     Demo
the choice is yours Vikas
Switch to AT&T U-verse and you can choose a FREE gift below. This special offer is only
for a limited number of customers in Chicago – and you're one of them!
U-verse TV + High Speed Internet
$
a month1
Lock in this low price for 24 whole months with a one-year term (other charges apply)
Choose Your Gift
U-verse TV
U-verse TV
Enjoy 100% digital TV and the ability 
to record four shows at once with an 
HD-ready Total Home DVR® that is 
included FREE for life.2
Learn more >
Experience more speed, more 
reliability and more connectivity with 
our home High Speed Internet on an 
advanced digital network.
Learn more >

9 of 16 (2,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 4:08:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

I knew I wasn't crazy!  I was already an AT&T customer, calling to upgrade to Uverse.  Everyone kept saying I must have called a third party retailer.  I CALLED AT&T!  I found my notes from the interaction.  The AT&T rep even told me to go to att.com/rewardscenter after 30 days to receive my free Kindle Fire.  I have been an AT&T customer for many years, and have always received great customer service, but this is just ridiculous!  Out and out lie!

I knew I wasn't crazy!  I was already an AT&T customer, calling to upgrade to Uverse.  Everyone kept saying I must have called a third party retailer.  I CALLED AT&T!  I found my notes from the interaction.  The AT&T rep even told me to go to att.com/rewardscenter after 30 days to receive my free Kindle Fire.  I have been an AT&T customer for many years, and have always received great customer service, but this is just ridiculous!  Out and out lie!

10 of 16 (2,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 8:22:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

So, I finally got my Kindle Fire HD 7" from AT&T. Happy about that! Hope you get yours too, if not already!

So, I finally got my Kindle Fire HD 7" from AT&T. Happy about that! Hope you get yours too, if not already!

11 of 16 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 5:20:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have not received ours either. Seems like we were lied to. Did anyone receive theirs. Use it to entice me to leave Xfinity
I have not received ours either. Seems like we were lied to. Did anyone receive theirs. Use it to entice me to leave Xfinity

12 of 16 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 5:24:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
I was offered this gift by At&t Uverse.
I was offered this gift by At&t Uverse.

13 of 16 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 5:25:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
this is it for me as well
this is it for me as well

14 of 16 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 5:26:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
What did you do?
What did you do?

15 of 16 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 2:30:38 PM
(0)
Employee

When you receive a promotion like this, which is one that we did have at one point, you don't actually make your selection on the device you wanted until you go through the redemption process at att.com/rewardscenter. It would have been when you did this that you actually would have selected the device as it does not automatically come to you.

When you receive a promotion like this, which is one that we did have at one point, you don't actually make your selection on the device you wanted until you go through the redemption process at att.com/rewardscenter. It would have been when you did this that you actually would have selected the device as it does not automatically come to you.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

16 of 16 (491 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments