Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 7, 2014
7:07:56 PM
View profile
Restoral fee higher than my credit card late payment charges

I am unfortunate enough to live in the boonies of eastern CT and At &T happens to be the provider for  high speed internet and phone.People who live in the city are just so lucky I am moving back the first chance I get.They just do not know how good they have it with a variety of cable  and internet providers

Services were disconnected after At &T moved my due date for my bill . I called and asked customer service and they said it is not up to them and the bill due date changes every month . A load of crap and just another way this company is looking to con customers especially new ones like me.I come from the world of Comcast where the due date for my bill was the same every month 

Well the services were disconnected at 8 am and the bill was paid by 10am

Now I get a bill for 30.00 restoral fee and the customer service rep tells me there is yet another 30.00 that will hit my account next month since I have both internet and phone

I have never been hit with such a high charges even on my credit cards when am late.60.00 for what ?

I hope the better business bureau is listening. Basically for every customer that gets disconnected AT&Tis charging 30.00 to put up with their reps with lots of attitude . Do not forget since the due date keeps changing they charge an extra 8.00 every month if you do not pay by the due date . This company is fleecing customers and after seeing my bill and the thought that I have to pay 60.00 gives me an even bigger incentive to move and get as far as I can from this company.And to add insult to injury every time you call they try to add on some other service without trying to resolve your problem. I have gotten alot of junk mail asking me to switch my cell phone over  to them something that is not going to happen in this lifetime.This company is stealing and  there  seems to be no depth to which it will not sink

I am unfortunate enough to live in the boonies of eastern CT and At &T happens to be the provider for  high speed internet and phone.People who live in the city are just so lucky I am moving back the first chance I get.They just do not know how good they have it with a variety of cable  and internet providers

Services were disconnected after At &T moved my due date for my bill . I called and asked customer service and they said it is not up to them and the bill due date changes every month . A load of crap and just another way this company is looking to con customers especially new ones like me.I come from the world of Comcast where the due date for my bill was the same every month 

Well the services were disconnected at 8 am and the bill was paid by 10am

Now I get a bill for 30.00 restoral fee and the customer service rep tells me there is yet another 30.00 that will hit my account next month since I have both internet and phone

I have never been hit with such a high charges even on my credit cards when am late.60.00 for what ?

I hope the better business bureau is listening. Basically for every customer that gets disconnected AT&Tis charging 30.00 to put up with their reps with lots of attitude . Do not forget since the due date keeps changing they charge an extra 8.00 every month if you do not pay by the due date . This company is fleecing customers and after seeing my bill and the thought that I have to pay 60.00 gives me an even bigger incentive to move and get as far as I can from this company.And to add insult to injury every time you call they try to add on some other service without trying to resolve your problem. I have gotten alot of junk mail asking me to switch my cell phone over  to them something that is not going to happen in this lifetime.This company is stealing and  there  seems to be no depth to which it will not sink

Restoral fee higher than my credit card late payment charges

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 6:31:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on May 8, 2014 at 6:32:55 AM

My billing date has never changed since 2008 that I know of.  And yes there is a restoral charge of $30 per service you subscribe to.  Could be as high as $90 if you have TV, Internet, and Phone.

Maybe have your bill emailed?  That's what I do and to pay it is about 3 or 4 mouse clicks.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

My billing date has never changed since 2008 that I know of.  And yes there is a restoral charge of $30 per service you subscribe to.  Could be as high as $90 if you have TV, Internet, and Phone.

Maybe have your bill emailed?  That's what I do and to pay it is about 3 or 4 mouse clicks.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Restoral fee higher than my credit card late payment charges

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (543 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 7:32:04 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @cyprianna 

I'm sorry you're having some problems with your bills. Our team will be happy to help you with that. Bill due dates do not change every month, the only way to change a due date is by request. Do you have your bills, either printed or online? You should be able to confirm your billing cycle dates and due dates by reviewing them. Our Social Media Care team can definitely assist you too, you can send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @cyprianna 

I'm sorry you're having some problems with your bills. Our team will be happy to help you with that. Bill due dates do not change every month, the only way to change a due date is by request. Do you have your bills, either printed or online? You should be able to confirm your billing cycle dates and due dates by reviewing them. Our Social Media Care team can definitely assist you too, you can send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Restoral fee higher than my credit card late payment charges

3 of 3 (530 Views)