Replace RG?

ACE - Guru

Replace RG?

We recently dropped our TV service but kept Internet max. We currently have the 2wire router. Would there be any advantage to getting a different RG from AT&T? No major service issues. AT&T service has been very reliable.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 5 (254 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Replace RG?

browndk26 wrote:
We recently dropped our TV service but kept Internet max. We currently have the 2wire router. Would there be any advantage to getting a different RG from AT&T? No major service issues. AT&T service has been very reliable.

If you're currently paying a monthly rental for your device, then you could purchase an Internet-only RG for the flat rate of $100, which could save you money over time.

The newest VDSL2 Internet Only router (Pace 5031) does have 802.11n if such things are important to you.  But otherwise, there's really no compelling reason to switch for functionality.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (252 Views)
Employee

Did not state type of RG, with TV service, older account, options were 3800, 3801 or inid with i38HG.

If you continue with current RG,still have monthly HSIA fee.
You may eliminate the monthly fee by purchasing a new RG, the 3600to replace a 3800, the 5031 to replace a 3801.
This $100 purchase comes with a one year warranty, can be shipped direct, charged to your account, replace and return original Rg by UPS.

If your on a bonded install,inid with i38HG, there is no purchase option, must continue monthly fee.

Hopefully this answers your question, if decide to replace RG, may call 1-800-288-2020 or chat to arrange replacement.
Best to you and yours this holiday season.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)
ACE - Guru

Inid with I38hg RG. Had u300 TV service.
Message 4 of 5 (225 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Yes the inid or newer replacement 589 is used for bonded installs with no purchase options.

If no issues just enjoy,
if problems develop tech responding may upgrade to 589, this is generally 2 to 3 hour repair but no cost to you to replace.

Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, and Merry Christmas.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.