Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 15, 2014
11:37:53 AM
View profile
Repeated failure by AT&T

I recently converted to U-Verse internet. I have also a landline account, which before the switch contained my DSL account and billings. When changing to Uverse, AT&T apparently opened a completely "different" account for me. I got two different bills in December, 2013.

On December 24, 2013 I paid $33.81 and on December 27, 2013 I paid $136.95. AT&T credited all payments to one account and sent me a "past due notice" for the $136.95, with a charge of $8 "late fee" on the second account, for which I had already paid. I spoke with 3 different AT&T personnel at the 800-288-2020 number on 1/9, 1/10 and 1/13 of 2014, as well as I had an "online chat" with an AT&T rep on 1/10/2014. As a result of all of that communication, I made an additional payment to AT&T on 1/13/2014 of $31.49, as they had charged me for a 2nd month on my "phone account" and not transferred the overpayment to my "Uverse account". As of today, My Account on AT&T still shows me as "past due for an amount over $97.00.

I have paid over $202 to AT&T in the last 22 days and technically I am overpaid, because they have taken funds into my "phone account" for which a billing payment is not due until January 27, 2014. I have seen the standard replies on this forum to contact 800-288-2020, and I have already done that THREE TIMES, each time being assured by AT&T personnel (I have the names and employee IDs where available) that "it is all going to be taken care of by me". Well your personnel have gailed 3 times in a row, not counting the "live chat" person, who did absolutely nothing except try to sell me additional AT&T services. Please be on notice that AT&T is about to lose all of my current and future business unless the situation is corrected, in writing, and I receive a formal apology, also in writing.

Why do I even have two separate accounts with AT&T ? It makes it twice as expensive for you to service, as well as twice as likely that a mistake is made. It also makes it ten times more confusing for your customer. What ever happened to common sense ?

I recently converted to U-Verse internet. I have also a landline account, which before the switch contained my DSL account and billings. When changing to Uverse, AT&T apparently opened a completely "different" account for me. I got two different bills in December, 2013.

On December 24, 2013 I paid $33.81 and on December 27, 2013 I paid $136.95. AT&T credited all payments to one account and sent me a "past due notice" for the $136.95, with a charge of $8 "late fee" on the second account, for which I had already paid. I spoke with 3 different AT&T personnel at the 800-288-2020 number on 1/9, 1/10 and 1/13 of 2014, as well as I had an "online chat" with an AT&T rep on 1/10/2014. As a result of all of that communication, I made an additional payment to AT&T on 1/13/2014 of $31.49, as they had charged me for a 2nd month on my "phone account" and not transferred the overpayment to my "Uverse account". As of today, My Account on AT&T still shows me as "past due for an amount over $97.00.

I have paid over $202 to AT&T in the last 22 days and technically I am overpaid, because they have taken funds into my "phone account" for which a billing payment is not due until January 27, 2014. I have seen the standard replies on this forum to contact 800-288-2020, and I have already done that THREE TIMES, each time being assured by AT&T personnel (I have the names and employee IDs where available) that "it is all going to be taken care of by me". Well your personnel have gailed 3 times in a row, not counting the "live chat" person, who did absolutely nothing except try to sell me additional AT&T services. Please be on notice that AT&T is about to lose all of my current and future business unless the situation is corrected, in writing, and I receive a formal apology, also in writing.

Why do I even have two separate accounts with AT&T ? It makes it twice as expensive for you to service, as well as twice as likely that a mistake is made. It also makes it ten times more confusing for your customer. What ever happened to common sense ?

Repeated failure by AT&T

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 11:54:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Please PM this group (they are not the customer service you have been dealing with) and they WILL get your account straightened out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Please PM this group (they are not the customer service you have been dealing with) and they WILL get your account straightened out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Repeated failure by AT&T

2 of 3 (236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 12:30:06 PM
(0)
Employee
Do you still have a POTS phone, if so...the billing cannot be combined requiring the separate billing, separate payments.

If you desire just one bill, need to transfer your POTS line to Uverse VOIP, this is a separate install that normally requires 2 weeks to be able to transfer your phone number.

This bundling of services (internet/voip) will also allow a discount for the combined servicesin addition to single billing plan.
Do you still have a POTS phone, if so...the billing cannot be combined requiring the separate billing, separate payments.

If you desire just one bill, need to transfer your POTS line to Uverse VOIP, this is a separate install that normally requires 2 weeks to be able to transfer your phone number.

This bundling of services (internet/voip) will also allow a discount for the combined servicesin addition to single billing plan.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Repeated failure by AT&T

3 of 3 (222 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments