Remove receiver from uverse iPad app?

Teacher

Remove receiver from uverse iPad app?

Adding Uverse receivers to the iPad app is easy enough but I need to delete an old receiver no longer in my home. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 9 (3,546 Views)

Re: Remove receiver from uverse iPad app?

I don't know the answer, but is it a problem or simply an annoyance?  Since the old receiver is gone, I assume your Ipad connects to the new receiver OK.  I have a similiar situation on my laptop with an old tethering add on my Droid.  I have deleted the old app from my Droid, but it keeps showing up when my laptop searches for WIFI signals.  It's not a problem, just an annoyance.

Message 2 of 9 (3,527 Views)
Mentor

srandolph3 wrote:
Adding Uverse receivers to the iPad app is easy enough but I need to delete an old receiver no longer in my home. Any suggestions?
Can you tell me how you added your receiver? My app is not able to find it.
Message 3 of 9 (3,509 Views)
Scholar

Did you turn to channel 9301?

Message 4 of 9 (3,460 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

bri_man_65 wrote:

Did you turn to channel 9301?

Yes, that didn't help. I learned on another thread that the iPad needs to be on the 2WIRE wifi network that comes with the AT&T modem. I have a separate wifi router/network, so I doubt I'll be able to connect to my recvr.

Message 5 of 9 (3,453 Views)
Contributor

The problem is the U-Verse has no record of the reciever being removed. I just had the same problem and the technician took the reciever rather than me sending it back to uverse. You need to call and tell them which receivers you have in your house (give the last three digits of the serial numbers marked s/n. and by process of a elimination they can remove the reciever you no longer have. The sales person explained that I will have 150 dollar charge in a couple months and I will have to email him to have the charge removed. I finally got this problem of the extra receiver resolved after calling three times and finally speaking to someone that knew what they were doing.
Message 6 of 9 (2,395 Views)
Professor

What happens when you go to manage receivers on the app.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

There isn't a manage receivers option. 

I added my bedroom receiver, but it interferes with my remote control.  I also want to manage my DVR, so I need to be signed in.  

But after searching high and low, I can't find out how to remove the receiver.  I've already tried deleting the app.  

It's easy to ADD a receiver but there's NOTHING in the app to allow you to REMOVE the receiver.

Please help!!

Message 8 of 9 (1,250 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

Dee_Indy - Not sure how the app could interfere with the remote.

I agree, I do not see a way to remove a receiver. But, it can only connect to one at a time. I think I have also seen - connected to none. I have three receivers. If you add another you can move the connection to it, instead of the one you want to remove. Maybe try taking the ipad out of range & it will not reconnect without your participation.

Also, I have seen trying to delete & reinstall the app does not start from scratch. Try this - delete the ipad app. Go to the app store & search for the u-verse app. At the top of the screen showing the selections change the button from ipad to iphone. Load the u-verse for iphone app & do not link to the receiver.

How about coming at it from the other end - the TV. That too, does not let you remove devices, but you can disconnect whats there by custom or disconnect. I did not do it because I do not want to upset my system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9 (1,242 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.