Remote does not reduce volume

Contributor

Remote does not reduce volume

On one of my remotes the volume down (- minus) button stopped working. If I try a remote from another room it works fine. Look like the remote needs to be replaced. How do I go about it and get a replacement?

Thanks,

Nathan

Message 1 of 8 (383 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote does not reduce volume

ngutman - Just call in and say the vol down button is worn out & you need a new remote. They will send you one. Should they want to charge- hang up & call again.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (382 Views)
Professor

Are these different tv sets that you have in both rooms, or the same model & manufacturer? It may be that the remote is incorrectly setup for your tv. It should be setup to change the volume on the TV, not the Set Top Box or DVR.

You can go to Menu, Help, and there is a choice to setup the remote for your TV. If you need to download a copy of the remote instruction guide, they are all available for every equipment that ATT supports at http://www.att.com/esupport/uverse-user-guides/

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

[ Edited ]

Just go here and in the top right of the page click "chat" and request one or two and they will send them no charge UPS 2nd day air.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (352 Views)
Teacher

I just tried to have them send out new remotes for my u-verse service. My remotes are the original remotes from 2008. I explained the volume buttons, the channel buttons and the power buttons have issues on all 4 of our remotes. He checked and said there was an issue with my service and wanted to send a tech out which could cost me $99. I said no my service is fine. then he wanted to send 4 remotes for $80. I said no. If ATT can't take care of LOYAL customers, how do they keep any cusomers?

Message 5 of 8 (257 Views)
ACE - Expert

Jefflongtin - Try another CSR or maybe catch an installer or send a PM to attcustomercare via this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
Message 6 of 8 (253 Views)
Employee

Silver remotes, worn out after four to five years considered consumer personal equipment like batteries for voip.
Can be ordered from website $20 each, no charge for shipping no hold times to talk to somebody.
If had no real issues in five years and they recommend tech dispatch an issue (coax probably) is being seen your choice to accept or not.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8 (243 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

my thoughts wrote:
Silver remotes, worn out after four to five years considered consumer personal equipment like batteries for voip.
Can be ordered from website $20 each, no charge for shipping no hold times to talk to somebody.
If had no real issues in five years and they recommend tech dispatch an issue (coax probably) is being seen your choice to accept or not.

When did this policy change?  It used to be when a silver remote failed to work properly, AT&T would ship you a replacement at no charge.  Many, MANY people have had the volume buttons fail on these (me included) and had to have them replaced.

Message 8 of 8 (224 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.