Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 15, 2013
2:47:35 PM
View profile
Remote Stopped Controlling DVD Player

Moved from one house to another. TRANSFERRED my service which meant keeping my box and (silver) remote which was programmed to control my other devices.

Finally set up my DVD player, and discovered that when pressing the usual button on my remote to control my DVD player, nothing happened.

Anyone know how or why that would happen and what I can do to get the way it was set up back? Hoping it will be simple... Smiley Happy

Moved from one house to another. TRANSFERRED my service which meant keeping my box and (silver) remote which was programmed to control my other devices.

Finally set up my DVD player, and discovered that when pressing the usual button on my remote to control my DVD player, nothing happened.

Anyone know how or why that would happen and what I can do to get the way it was set up back? Hoping it will be simple... Smiley Happy

Remote Stopped Controlling DVD Player

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 3:10:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
chamlin -That is odd. Does it work with the DVD remote?? Reset the u-verse remote by applying the code for your DVD to the DVD button. You did press that button & not the aux button??
chamlin -That is odd. Does it work with the DVD remote?? Reset the u-verse remote by applying the code for your DVD to the DVD button. You did press that button & not the aux button??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote Stopped Controlling DVD Player

2 of 5 (211 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 5:49:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I bet you got the wrong remote

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

I bet you got the wrong remote

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 7:51:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks, aviewer and kong57. I'll clarify further.

1.  It's the right remote. Same one I've had. Never out of my possession.

2.  The Uverse remote is properly programmed for the DVD player.

The challenge is getting the DVD player to show up on the TV. It's wired properly to the back of the TV, into the VIDEO 2 inputs, as it always has been.

On my TV remote (an old SONY), pressing the TV/Video button, I can cycle through 3 options: TV (not used since the advent of cable boxes); Video 1 (Connected to the Uverse box); Video 2 (DVD).

This is working properly. BUT...

What I USED to be able to do on my (silver) Uverse remote, was to press the TV button, then press the TV/Video button, so that I could switch from Video 1 (Uverse) to Video 2 (DVD player). Now it doesn't work.

So I guess what I need to figure out is how to get my TV to respond again. How do I find my code to reprogram it?

The way my remote was set up was that in order to cyle through the different gear, I would press the TV button

Thanks, aviewer and kong57. I'll clarify further.

1.  It's the right remote. Same one I've had. Never out of my possession.

2.  The Uverse remote is properly programmed for the DVD player.

The challenge is getting the DVD player to show up on the TV. It's wired properly to the back of the TV, into the VIDEO 2 inputs, as it always has been.

On my TV remote (an old SONY), pressing the TV/Video button, I can cycle through 3 options: TV (not used since the advent of cable boxes); Video 1 (Connected to the Uverse box); Video 2 (DVD).

This is working properly. BUT...

What I USED to be able to do on my (silver) Uverse remote, was to press the TV button, then press the TV/Video button, so that I could switch from Video 1 (Uverse) to Video 2 (DVD player). Now it doesn't work.

So I guess what I need to figure out is how to get my TV to respond again. How do I find my code to reprogram it?

The way my remote was set up was that in order to cyle through the different gear, I would press the TV button

4 of 5 (184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 8:58:55 PM
(0)
Mentor

Okay, I reprogrammed the TV part of the remote and all is well. Thanks, community!

Okay, I reprogrammed the TV part of the remote and all is well. Thanks, community!

5 of 5 (176 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments