Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 19, 2011
6:55:28 PM
Remote Reset/Reprotram not working

My remote stopped working for the STB. I tried to reprogram with the standard steps and now it doesn't control my TV either.

When I tried to reset to factory defaults (ATT+OK, 900) I do not get the three flashes like all the instructions say I should. Instead, I get a single longer flash of the ATT button.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

My remote stopped working for the STB. I tried to reprogram with the standard steps and now it doesn't control my TV either.

When I tried to reset to factory defaults (ATT+OK, 900) I do not get the three flashes like all the instructions say I should. Instead, I get a single longer flash of the ATT button.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Remote Reset/Reprotram not working

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 4:28:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How about fresh batteries?

How about fresh batteries?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote Reset/Reprotram not working

2 of 11 (1,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 10:00:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks, but that did not work.

Thanks, but that did not work.

3 of 11 (1,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 10:45:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Call in for a replacement. If you cannot get a no charge replacement, try another call. Or, you can try a Logitech Harmony 300. List=$40, often on sale at Radio Shack for $30.

Of course, you will need to program the new one. Try the directions under menu/help/system setup/program remote.

The Harmony is programed with your computer, in English. No codes.

Call in for a replacement. If you cannot get a no charge replacement, try another call. Or, you can try a Logitech Harmony 300. List=$40, often on sale at Radio Shack for $30.

Of course, you will need to program the new one. Try the directions under menu/help/system setup/program remote.

The Harmony is programed with your computer, in English. No codes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (1,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 11:10:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

I've got a replacement on the way (3-5 business days of no TV), was just hoping that I was doing something wrong or there was a trick. Thanks for your help.

I've got a replacement on the way (3-5 business days of no TV), was just hoping that I was doing something wrong or there was a trick. Thanks for your help.

5 of 11 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 6:54:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Surprised

6 of 11 (1,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 9:55:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You should still be able to watch TV you just won't have the remote. You can change channels from the front of the STB.  Just like the good old days before remotes. You have to get up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

You should still be able to watch TV you just won't have the remote. You can change channels from the front of the STB.  Just like the good old days before remotes. You have to get up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 11 (1,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2011 8:48:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks to your post and the ATT+OK, 900 hint, I got one of my remotes working again.  Our grandkids had been here through last Tuesday and today was the first time I tried that remote and TV.  Changed batteries, no joy.  Then went to U-Talk, searched, found your post, and voila!

Bernie in CT

Thanks to your post and the ATT+OK, 900 hint, I got one of my remotes working again.  Our grandkids had been here through last Tuesday and today was the first time I tried that remote and TV.  Changed batteries, no joy.  Then went to U-Talk, searched, found your post, and voila!

Bernie in CT

8 of 11 (1,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 11:12:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

My remote all of a sudden stopped working with the TV. I can not use the volume or shut on and off the TV but it does shut off the cable box. I tried everything to re program the RF remote and the original one but nothing in the books seems to work. Can you help?

What is the ATT + OK, 900 Do and how do u use it??

Hope you can help.

My remote all of a sudden stopped working with the TV. I can not use the volume or shut on and off the TV but it does shut off the cable box. I tried everything to re program the RF remote and the original one but nothing in the books seems to work. Can you help?

What is the ATT + OK, 900 Do and how do u use it??

Hope you can help.

9 of 11 (588 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 12:41:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
anitagirl1 - The reset is not going to get the TV working again. It may help after you are not sure where you are, but, you still need to reprogram for the TV. Or, maybe not.
s the volume
When you press the TV button does the volume & power buttons work? If yes, the TV is programmed & you lost the Special volume & power setting. I can say how to fix that.

If no, you need to reprogram for TV. Did you try the menu found on the TV? Did you try the search method? What is the TV model?
anitagirl1 - The reset is not going to get the TV working again. It may help after you are not sure where you are, but, you still need to reprogram for the TV. Or, maybe not.
s the volume
When you press the TV button does the volume & power buttons work? If yes, the TV is programmed & you lost the Special volume & power setting. I can say how to fix that.

If no, you need to reprogram for TV. Did you try the menu found on the TV? Did you try the search method? What is the TV model?

10 of 11 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 12:22:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by RCSMG on Nov 4, 2013 at 12:23:59 PM

Anita, I have experienced that problem when the batteries are low in my remote.  Replace the batteries and you should be able to control your televion again. 

If none of these suggestions work call CS using the phone number belwo and request new remotes.  They will send them to you at no charge.

Anita, I have experienced that problem when the batteries are low in my remote.  Replace the batteries and you should be able to control your televion again. 

If none of these suggestions work call CS using the phone number belwo and request new remotes.  They will send them to you at no charge.

[ Edited ]
11 of 11 (505 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments