Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 23, 2013
7:32:15 PM
Recordings list unavailable
How do I connect the tv receiver and dvr receiver to the network?
How do I connect the tv receiver and dvr receiver to the network?

Recordings list unavailable

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 9:51:41 PM
(0)
Employee
More details please....
Moved or moved equipment?
Received replacement equipment?
Wiring question(s)
Set up ?
Which network?, uverse? Home?
More details please....
Moved or moved equipment?
Received replacement equipment?
Wiring question(s)
Set up ?
Which network?, uverse? Home?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Recordings list unavailable

2 of 8 (1,909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 3:56:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have only had uverse service for 3months. I did not move equipment, unplug anything, it just appeared Monday when I went to look for my recordings I see the "recording list is unavailable" "check receivers to see if they are connected to the network"
Every TV (all 5) have the same message. I rebooted the tv with the dvr and nothing. I've read the forums and it's confusing. I would like a tech to come out and fix this, please.

Sent from my iPhone
I have only had uverse service for 3months. I did not move equipment, unplug anything, it just appeared Monday when I went to look for my recordings I see the "recording list is unavailable" "check receivers to see if they are connected to the network"
Every TV (all 5) have the same message. I rebooted the tv with the dvr and nothing. I've read the forums and it's confusing. I would like a tech to come out and fix this, please.

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 8 (1,900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 7:33:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You didn't say you rebooted the RG.  Unplug everything: RG/DVR/STBs.  Wait a few minutes.  Plug the RG back in and let it power up with all lights on.  Then plug in the DVR.  Wait for it to power up completely.  Then do the same for each STB.

Good rule of thumb:  When in doubt, reboot.

Besides, if you call CS, they're going to tell you to do the same thing.

You didn't say you rebooted the RG.  Unplug everything: RG/DVR/STBs.  Wait a few minutes.  Plug the RG back in and let it power up with all lights on.  Then plug in the DVR.  Wait for it to power up completely.  Then do the same for each STB.

Good rule of thumb:  When in doubt, reboot.

Besides, if you call CS, they're going to tell you to do the same thing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (1,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 7:49:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thx I will try to reboot everything this time.

Sent from my iPhone
Thx I will try to reboot everything this time.

Sent from my iPhone

5 of 8 (1,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 8:05:18 AM
(0)
Employee
The message is even happening on dvr?
The RG has a device list..by rebooting the RG first and following skeeters advice the list will be repopulated.
After the dvr comes up wait about 3-5 minutes to see if show listing comeup and can play, if ok contiune with other boxes...
If not ok(no listings) then try doing a hard reset (unpug/plug in rapid succession three times will get gear...wait to finish) listings?
If still no listings then need factory reset CAUTION this process erases all recordings, but so does replacing dvr.
....factory reset....
Depress power, ok, down arrow same time hold for 10 seconds
Release power button, continue to hold ok , down arrow till front lughrs flash three times, gear on screen
Release ok, down button....wait for 15 minutes, channel 1800, play for a couple minutes to build buffer does pause work?
Record for a few minutes...stop...play back

Now continue rebooting other set top boxes, aainwait 5 minutes after rebooting before testing dvr functions.

A tech visit will do the same, only difference if factory reset does not work replace DVR..tech would have on vehicle.
The message is even happening on dvr?
The RG has a device list..by rebooting the RG first and following skeeters advice the list will be repopulated.
After the dvr comes up wait about 3-5 minutes to see if show listing comeup and can play, if ok contiune with other boxes...
If not ok(no listings) then try doing a hard reset (unpug/plug in rapid succession three times will get gear...wait to finish) listings?
If still no listings then need factory reset CAUTION this process erases all recordings, but so does replacing dvr.
....factory reset....
Depress power, ok, down arrow same time hold for 10 seconds
Release power button, continue to hold ok , down arrow till front lughrs flash three times, gear on screen
Release ok, down button....wait for 15 minutes, channel 1800, play for a couple minutes to build buffer does pause work?
Record for a few minutes...stop...play back

Now continue rebooting other set top boxes, aainwait 5 minutes after rebooting before testing dvr functions.

A tech visit will do the same, only difference if factory reset does not work replace DVR..tech would have on vehicle.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (1,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:32:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
Sadly, nothing has worked. It just keeps saying my dvr is unplugged or restarting. Recording list unavailable, etc... I also cannot go back to factory settings, either. Any other suggestions? I'm ready to call a tech.

Sent from my iPhone
Sadly, nothing has worked. It just keeps saying my dvr is unplugged or restarting. Recording list unavailable, etc... I also cannot go back to factory settings, either. Any other suggestions? I'm ready to call a tech.

Sent from my iPhone

7 of 8 (1,858 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:48:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad dvr and it will need to be replaced. All programs you had recorded will be gone, but your scheduled recordings should stay when you recieve your new DVR.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad dvr and it will need to be replaced. All programs you had recorded will be gone, but your scheduled recordings should stay when you recieve your new DVR.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (1,854 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments