Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 10, 2014
12:57:34 PM
View profile
Recording program that's already begun

Can someone please explain to me why I cannot record the remainder of a program that has already begun? I used to do this all the time with DISH, and I miss having that option.

Thanks,

John

Can someone please explain to me why I cannot record the remainder of a program that has already begun? I used to do this all the time with DISH, and I miss having that option.

Thanks,

John

Recording program that's already begun

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 1:05:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jt3662 wrote:

Thanks,

John

You can. 

If you use the "record" button on the remote OR the 'record' option via the info screen, it will start recording from the point that you started watching.  It will NOT record from the beginning if you weren't watching that channel.

jt3662 wrote:

Thanks,

John

You can. 

If you use the "record" button on the remote OR the 'record' option via the info screen, it will start recording from the point that you started watching.  It will NOT record from the beginning if you weren't watching that channel.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Recording program that's already begun

2 of 6 (189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 1:08:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Really? I've been trying for months and cannot get it to work. I do just as you say, the unit says that it's recording, but then nothing happens. Possibly a faulty DVR?
Really? I've been trying for months and cannot get it to work. I do just as you say, the unit says that it's recording, but then nothing happens. Possibly a faulty DVR?

3 of 6 (187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 1:12:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jt3662 wrote:

Must be.  I just did it.  It takes a moment for it to show the recording on the DVR screen but I was able to watch a recording of a show I turned to after it had started.

jt3662 wrote:

Must be.  I just did it.  It takes a moment for it to show the recording on the DVR screen but I was able to watch a recording of a show I turned to after it had started.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 1:24:14 PM
(0)
Tutor
Okay, I got it going. I had to do a hard reset (unplug/replug) of the unit. It shows to be recording right now. I'll see if it shows up under Recorded Programs.

Thanks for your help.
Okay, I got it going. I had to do a hard reset (unplug/replug) of the unit. It shows to be recording right now. I'll see if it shows up under Recorded Programs.

Thanks for your help.

5 of 6 (168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 2:41:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

When in doubt, reset.

When in doubt, reset.

6 of 6 (141 Views)