Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 7, 2013
10:11:38 PM
View profile
Recording in HD

I replaced my old TV (no HD capability) with a smart TV.  Do I need to reset all of my scheduled recordings to record in HD?  I didn't record them in HD originally. TIA

I replaced my old TV (no HD capability) with a smart TV.  Do I need to reset all of my scheduled recordings to record in HD?  I didn't record them in HD originally. TIA

Recording in HD

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 10:15:33 PM
(0)
Employee
Only if you wish to view new recordings in HD, otherwise SD recordings are still viewable on HD, just not able to take advantage of newer capabilities.
Only if you wish to view new recordings in HD, otherwise SD recordings are still viewable on HD, just not able to take advantage of newer capabilities.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Recording in HD

2 of 3 (212 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 4:25:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Sep 8, 2013 at 8:49:19 AM

louis10 - Just to cover the bases because it sounds like you have only one TV-
You did NOT reuse the same wire to connect the new TV to the U-verse DVR.
You did use an HDMI cable.
You did also connect the TV to the internet via wireless or a cat5 cable.
You did set the aspect ratio 1080 - menu - options - system options - TV screen res.
You are watching/recording chans 1xxx. Also, cancel your old ones.
Unless you already have U450 you arranged to add HD service to your account (perhaps a free trial).

louis10 - Just to cover the bases because it sounds like you have only one TV-
You did NOT reuse the same wire to connect the new TV to the U-verse DVR.
You did use an HDMI cable.
You did also connect the TV to the internet via wireless or a cat5 cable.
You did set the aspect ratio 1080 - menu - options - system options - TV screen res.
You are watching/recording chans 1xxx. Also, cancel your old ones.
Unless you already have U450 you arranged to add HD service to your account (perhaps a free trial).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Recording in HD

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (182 Views)