Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 17, 2013
7:39:17 AM
View profile
Recorded tv not available in all rooms.
Hello all. Recently my bedroom receiver will not allow me to acces recorded tv. It says recorded shows aren't available. They are fine on the dvr in living room. I've gone through the resets and reboots and have gone through tech support. Every time I reset I can access the recordings for a few minutes them its back to being unavailable. Ideas pleas??
Hello all. Recently my bedroom receiver will not allow me to acces recorded tv. It says recorded shows aren't available. They are fine on the dvr in living room. I've gone through the resets and reboots and have gone through tech support. Every time I reset I can access the recordings for a few minutes them its back to being unavailable. Ideas pleas??

Recorded tv not available in all rooms.

6 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 8:02:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Jmcuminotti - Probably COAX and wireless offer the most opportunity for failure. In either case, the solution/troubleshooting is to connect cat5. If you are connected cat5 & reboot the RG, DVR & other STBs in order, then you are down to an at&t failure of equipment or software.

If it works, then COAX would need further troubleshooting to identify the cause. Wireless could need new equipment or it could be interference. I suppose interference could affect all cases. Look for static with an am radio,
Jmcuminotti - Probably COAX and wireless offer the most opportunity for failure. In either case, the solution/troubleshooting is to connect cat5. If you are connected cat5 & reboot the RG, DVR & other STBs in order, then you are down to an at&t failure of equipment or software.

If it works, then COAX would need further troubleshooting to identify the cause. Wireless could need new equipment or it could be interference. I suppose interference could affect all cases. Look for static with an am radio,
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Recorded tv not available in all rooms.

2 of 7 (1,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 11:56:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Are these by chance wireless receavers?  If so there is a discussion in the DVR form about a widespread outage.

Are these by chance wireless receavers?  If so there is a discussion in the DVR form about a widespread outage.

3 of 7 (1,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 12:44:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Jmcuminotti wrote:

Check and make sure all of the connections are tight on the STB in your bedroom.  I have seen that before and the issue was the coax connectors were loose.  I tightened them and I was able to watch the movies on the DVR from my bedroom STB.  If you have done that and the problem is still ocurring, click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to AT&T Customer Care's profile.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Jmcuminotti wrote:

Check and make sure all of the connections are tight on the STB in your bedroom.  I have seen that before and the issue was the coax connectors were loose.  I tightened them and I was able to watch the movies on the DVR from my bedroom STB.  If you have done that and the problem is still ocurring, click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to AT&T Customer Care's profile.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:42:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem and it is a wireless receiver.

I have the same problem and it is a wireless receiver.

5 of 7 (1,110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 12:37:01 PM
(0)
Community Support

@Jmcuminotti  and @cmcd952  are the two of you still having this issue? If so, send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact number and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will be in touch to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@Jmcuminotti  and @cmcd952  are the two of you still having this issue? If so, send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact number and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will be in touch to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (1,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 3:19:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
I no longer have the problem. Thanks for following up.
I no longer have the problem. Thanks for following up.

7 of 7 (1,046 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments