Realtime

Highlighted

Realtime

I had posted earlier but the Realtime pictures were off I will try again with them updated  

Message 1 of 23 (565 Views)

Re: Realtime

Johnnym626 wrote:

I had posted earlier but the Realtime pictures were off I will try again with them updated  

I assume you're posting this because of the disconnects in service or other problems you're having?

A cursory glance looks like you have a bit of noise on one of the pairs used to deliver the service to your home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 23 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes it has been going on since we got it and my wife is getting a little perturbed she wants her DSL back because we had very few problems and she is addicted to Netflix,any help would be appreciated

I let the UV Realtime run all night and day so it would get a better analysis of my internet

Message 3 of 23 (515 Views)

Here are the updated Realtime screenshots

Message 4 of 23 (508 Views)

Johnnym626 wrote:

Yes it has been going on since we got it and my wife is getting a little perturbed she wants her DSL back because we had very few problems and she is addicted to Netflix,any help would be appreciated

I let the UV Realtime run all night and day so it would get a better analysis of my internet

Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Once you change over from DSL Internet to Uverse Internet it would take an act of congress to get your DSL back.

Have you called in or had any techs out to checki it out?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 5 of 23 (487 Views)
Expert

Call TS at the phone number in my sig and ask the CSR to run a test on your service for errors.  When they see them request a prem tech be sent to your home to check your install. 

Message 6 of 23 (462 Views)
Community Support

Hi Johnnym626,

Thank you for providing all that information. I apologize about all the inconveniences you are having with your services. From the looks of the UVrealtime screenshots, it appears the line is fine as you have taken 0 major errors in the past 24 hours. Do you just notice issues with your internet services? And if so, are the devices connected wired or wirelessly. If wirelessly:

Checkout this awesome article from SomeJoe7777 on How to minimize Wireless Interference,
Wireless Interference Troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 23 (422 Views)

I have no problems with my wired television's the one that is wireless stutters also the blueray player which we watch netflix/hulu etc on is wireless it buffers a lot actually so much we havent watched anything in awhile

this computer I am typing this on is hardwired,but it is slow and its a highend gaming setup, I did call today and the lady I talked to checked the lines she said she didnt see a problem on her end she asked me to do some speedtests when I got home which I did they varied from3.43 on the download to 12.40,

the uploads stayed pretty much the same from 1.39 to 1.50 I did 10 tests on the ATT speedtest site half with my email attached the other half without

I pay for the max uverse internet so I can relax in the evening killing the occasional dragon or interloping Elf

Message 8 of 23 (413 Views)

Here are tonights screenshots I hope we can get this figured out if your married you know what I'm going thru

Message 9 of 23 (410 Views)
Employee

Couple possibilities, first your max combined sync is less than 50M, you would think that would be good on a 25m profile, but it is not, ideally like 60M or more. Why? Sync rate +20% for reasonable solid connection, on 25 like to see 30M plus per line, if one drop or picks up interference, the other should keep service somewhat stable.

If have less than 25M per line, no room for interference, if one line drops your OOS (out of service or link retrain) till both can lock. However your reports not showing major line issue, but in your case do not need much.

Possible solution, tech visit to check sync at VRAD and if low (less than 55M) request port swap on one or both lines.
At about 3200 feet, lose 1M per 100 feet, 25+32=57 expect to see at VRAD, if on an F card might be able to get 61,62M max putting you closer to desired 30M per line, 60M total.

Note: extra port(s) have to be available and need to be higher than current, neither is guaranteed. If outside tech (not Uverse tech) can get card upgraded to K card, should help, but would not expect immediate attention as many, many F cards out there.

Second issue, wired TVs good (probably coax) issue with internet and wireless stb, both controlled by i38HG.
Possible need HPNA filter in inid (tech would know about this), loose connection at inid or jack, is cable to IU (indoor unit, aka i38hg) cat5 or just hooked thru phone wires.

Ideally hpna filter,cat5 home run to IU and new jack, data cable should improve internet, and wireless receiver.

All of this of course requires a tech appointment, if ongoing issue could ask for 589 upgrade, several hours of work by tech and not guarantee to solve all problems if port issue exists.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 23 (407 Views)

DavidCS wrote:

Hi Johnnym626,

Thank you for providing all that information. I apologize about all the inconveniences you are having with your services. From the looks of the UVrealtime screenshots, it appears the line is fine as you have taken 0 major errors in the past 24 hours. Do you just notice issues with your internet services? And if so, are the devices connected wired or wirelessly. If wirelessly:

Checkout this awesome article from SomeJoe7777 on How to minimize Wireless Interference,
Wireless Interference Troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

David,

What screenshots are you looking at? The ones posted here show a buttload of connection errors, and the second line appears to have quite a bit of interference.

Message 11 of 23 (385 Views)
Community Support

Computer-Joe wrote:

David,

What screenshots are you looking at? The ones posted here show a buttload of connection errors, and the second line appears to have quite a bit of interference.

I was looking at 

Only 567 correct blocks in a 24 hour period with no other major errors. The previous screenshots show a loss of service, but very briefly, which makes me think that it was done by one of our service agents or the customers. With that, you will get a ramp up of errors due to that, so I did not take those numbers into consideration. I do agree that line 2 does show some issues, but when I looked into it further with my testing tools, it did not appear to have any significant issues, but that might have just been at that time.

The only other issue I could find was that some line tests were running slow or not at all, which usually indicates an excessive amount of sessions going on with the modem. That could just be due to the fact that you were using your services, while I was trying to run the tests.

One thing to look for is to check your session table by going to:

1. http://192.168.1.254 on a web browser
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Diagnostics
  4. Select NAT
  5. You should see a line that says session table x/1024.
  6. If you are at a low number, there is something on your internal network that may be causing an issue.

Let us know how it goes, and if you are still having problems, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. I would be glad to setup a technician to go out to investigate this issue further.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 12 of 23 (368 Views)
ACE - Expert

I've found the terms "last 24 hours" and "last 15 minutes" differ from what one might expect.  I believe that the router thinks "last 24 hours" means since midnight, and "last 15 minutes" means in the current quarter hour.

So, that would be 564 corrected in about 19 hours instead of 24.

At least that's my observation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 23 (354 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

All of the training, framing, signal, and margin failures/errors since reset are a cause for concern. Most of the 2Wire modems log a few of these at startup, but they shouldn't increase after that. His numbers indicate that the entire VDSL line is losing the connection every so often. When it's up, it looks good, as it's not generating too many errors, but it appears to routinely be going up and down.

This points to intermittent RF or power interference to me, with some device that's cycling. A/C compressor, lights, etc.

Possible solution might be a Tripp-Lite IsoBar on the 2Wire power supply, plus a ferrite choke on the VDSL lines like the amateur radio/HF guys do.  Or better yet, find the device that's radiating the interference.  Use this thread as an example:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Tracking-Down-Line-Interference/m-p/2654177#M4734...

Message 14 of 23 (341 Views)

the NAT was showing 976/1024, were still having problems with a lot of buffering on netflix slow FPS on online games slow videos online web pages slow to load

assorted problems I checked to see if there was anything interfering with the box as per the writeup about it since I don't have a backup battery I had to leave that room alone but did turn items off there was no difference in it,I rebooted the modem it didn't seem to help so I ran some speedtests with the ATT site here are the results five tests were done using my email and five were done without my email 

w/email                                                      wo/email

1.st 5.33 dl/1.40 up                                   4.89 dl/1.47 up

2nd 4.25 dl/1.48 up                                   4.88 dl/1.36 up

3rd 4.20 dl/1.44 up                                    3.90 dl/1.50 up

4th 5.66 dl/1.44 up                                    3.94 dl/1.46 up

5th 5.89 dl/1.50 up                                    4.66 dl/1.46 up

I will post the realtime screenshots after a bit as I just started running them again after I rebooted the modem(I probably didn't give you anything worthwhile )

Message 15 of 23 (328 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.