Really??

Highlighted
Contributor

Really??

I spoke to one of your customer service representitives last night, Nicole from the Miami office.  I couldn't believe how rudely she was speaking to me and wondered how she still has her job if she talks to people that way.  And now I know.  There is no way to complain to AT&T about the behavior of their employees.

I live in an apartment and we have 4 units in our building.  Our neighbor who moved into apartment B told AT&T that he was moving into apartment D, which is where I live.  Or more likely they misheard him, but that's not the issue I'm here about.  So after their modem was sent to our address he called AT&T and told them about the error.  But the problem still wasn't fixed, because yesterday morning one of your installers is knocking on my door talking about hooking up my new service.  So I tell him that it's not our apartment and I take him over to our new neighbor's.  Later that day I realize that we no longer have our AT&T home phone, the installer must have unhooked ours in error while he was here.  

So I called AT&T customer service last night and got Nicole from the Miami office.  I explained the situation to her on my little $10 cell phone with such terrible reception that I have to stand outside to use it.  So she says, there's no disconnect order, hold on while I test the line.  I say "fine" and she tests it.  She said she can't find anything wrong, it should work, she doesn't know what the problem is.  So I tell her, I already told you what the problem is, remember how I told you about the knock on my door earlier?  And she tells me that the installer must have accidentally knocked on the wrong door, and that I was just being silly.  BEING SILLY??  REALLY??  Then she continued to talk to me condescendingly, like I'm her doddering old grandmother and I don't know what I'm talking about.  I'm in my early 40's and I don't sound particularly old, so I seriously doubt it was a misunderstanding.

There is someone coming out in a couple of days to fix the problem, which under the circumstances is unacceptable.  We depend on our home phone, and this problem is 100% AT&T's fault and responsibility to fix in a timely manner.  You need to fix your employee too.  There's no reason why I should have to deal with that on top of everything else.

Message 1 of 2 (257 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Really??

Hello, LauraMe!

Thanks for your post. I am very sorry to hear about your recent interaction with one of our representatives. That kind of behavior is not tolerated, and I will make sure to forward your comments.

If there is anything else we can do, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, you'll need to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, I am available to answer any other questions or concerns you might have. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the frustration.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (249 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.