Really Need UVerse

Really Need UVerse

I live just south of jacksonville in a community that is rapidly growing but sadly I can only get DSL Internet and Comcast or satellite!

ATT...I had uverse in ca and I wish you understood how badly I want you to get off your butts and install vrADs and subsequently uverse into the Durbin Crossing neighborhood in 32259!

You would instantly have me as a customer and I would recommend you to everyone! I am tired of directv and hate Comcast...please come to me!

Also, you should not keep expansions secret! Make it so that people can now if you have a plan that is set!

Just needed to vent because I feel sad that I don't have access to uverse yet 😔
Message 1 of 7 (388 Views)
Employee

Re: Really Need UVerse

well if dsl is available then that is an area that we are for sure trying to make services available for... There is a way to try to make the process a lot faster.... 

* Call 1-800-288-2020 get to uverse billing & sales and right there ask the rep to start a "Case" to make uverse available.... They first need to create what is called a "Lead"... for that they need your first and last name, address, best number to reach you, date of birth, and to set up a security question.... after that they create the Case and contact another department to see if they can make uverse available right at that moment.... in case they cant at that moment, your case would be recorded as someone in that neighborhood interested in uverse and you will be called once it becomes available.... it would still take some time, but it does make the process happen a lot faster....

*hint - if you state that you are interested on Uverse TV, it actually speeds up the process to make it available.... 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (342 Views)
ACE - Expert

chogan4583 wrote:
I live just south of jacksonville in a community that is rapidly growing but sadly I can only get DSL Internet and Comcast or satellite!

ATT...I had uverse in ca and I wish you understood how badly I want you to get off your butts and install vrADs and subsequently uverse into the Durbin Crossing neighborhood in 32259!

You would instantly have me as a customer and I would recommend you to everyone! I am tired of directv and hate Comcast...please come to me!

Also, you should not keep expansions secret! Make it so that people can now if you have a plan that is set!

Just needed to vent because I feel sad that I don't have access to uverse yet 😔

There already is Uverse in that Zip Code, doubt they are going to expand it as they have plans to use ATT 4G wireless to provide Voice and IP Internet services in the near future. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (328 Views)

I appreciate the response.  Unfortunately, when I just called them, they are having technical issues and asked me to call back.  I am pretty convinced I am just not going to U-Verse and will ultimately cut cable all together and adjust.

Message 4 of 7 (279 Views)

So if U-Verse is available in the area but is using 4G to provide Voice and IP Internet services are you saying that I will never see U-Verse TV service?  If so that is beyond ridiculous because all we have is Comcast, DirecTV and DISH.  And AT&T (from my experience) dominates all of them and are missing out on sales!

Message 5 of 7 (277 Views)
ACE - Expert

The press release actually stated "IP Internet services", to me that means IPTV (Uverse TV) an IP internet service.  Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (231 Views)
Employee

From http://www.att.com/gen-mobile/press-room?pid=23506&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35661

Initial uverse Project LightSpeed was basically completed 2010.
Current expansion Project VIP is expected to be completed end 2015.

By the numbers at the end of project 75% of foot print will have a flavor of Uverse.
33 M will have access to triple play TV service that's 43% of total
24 M will have access to Voip and IP internet that is 32% of total
19 M will hopefully be serviced by 4G LTE for wireless phone and internet.
76 M total footprint served in 22 states.

As this is a user based forum no official response can be stated as to if you will ever see tv service at your address.
This phase is not completed, and no info as to what areas are being expanded
Or if there may be a future project (end 2020) that might expand to you.

Keep checking mail for advertising, look for door to door agents in neighborhood, address validation on web site.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (214 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.