Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 8, 2013
10:02:28 PM
View profile
Reactivating TV service. Why a tech appointment?
Edited by sbblu on Nov 8, 2013 at 10:03:50 PM

I currently have U-verse internet service. I previously had U-verse television service at the address I am at. I was never asked to return the DVR so I still have it. The DVR is two months old and was never even disconnected. I recently signed up for U-verse televsion service again and I was not given the option to just re-activate the service, but instead am scheduled for a technician visit next week. As I am already a U-verse internet customer and have all the equipment required for televsion service installation, can I not just call a phone number or go to a web site and have the DVR I currently have re-activated for U-verse televsion?

I currently have U-verse internet service. I previously had U-verse television service at the address I am at. I was never asked to return the DVR so I still have it. The DVR is two months old and was never even disconnected. I recently signed up for U-verse televsion service again and I was not given the option to just re-activate the service, but instead am scheduled for a technician visit next week. As I am already a U-verse internet customer and have all the equipment required for televsion service installation, can I not just call a phone number or go to a web site and have the DVR I currently have re-activated for U-verse televsion?

Reactivating TV service. Why a tech appointment?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 1:03:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Short answer no, all iptv orders require a tech install.
Once cancelled service should have returned DVR, if DVR was not hooked up, not registered to your account, may be used.
So now a two appointment window, tech will likely provide new unit, test all wiring, provide and program remote, answer any questions.
The only time a tech visit is not required is when adding a wireless receiver to existing account. Adding a hardwired receiver has no self install options, and the DVR has to be hardwired.
Short answer no, all iptv orders require a tech install.
Once cancelled service should have returned DVR, if DVR was not hooked up, not registered to your account, may be used.
So now a two appointment window, tech will likely provide new unit, test all wiring, provide and program remote, answer any questions.
The only time a tech visit is not required is when adding a wireless receiver to existing account. Adding a hardwired receiver has no self install options, and the DVR has to be hardwired.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Reactivating TV service. Why a tech appointment?

2 of 4 (259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 5:29:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

So since I have a DVR unit, my wiring has been tested for TV (and is currently in use for U-verse internet), my remote is programmed, and I have no questions since I had TV service two months ago, the tech is coming out to call a phone number to activate my DVR and that's it?

So since I have a DVR unit, my wiring has been tested for TV (and is currently in use for U-verse internet), my remote is programmed, and I have no questions since I had TV service two months ago, the tech is coming out to call a phone number to activate my DVR and that's it?

3 of 4 (235 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 8:20:55 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Nov 9, 2013 at 8:22:43 AM

no phone call, ipad....

Suspect will replace dvr unit as not one assigned to account.

This is similar to someone having ubasic (receiver but no dvr) changing package to u200 (requires dvr, even if customer does not plan on recording anything). A tech visit still required to swap hardwired receiver for DVR and ensure operating properly.

So yes, tech may only be there 15 minutes, but still need tech visit....if on coax required to run HPNA test, takes longer.

no phone call, ipad....

Suspect will replace dvr unit as not one assigned to account.

This is similar to someone having ubasic (receiver but no dvr) changing package to u200 (requires dvr, even if customer does not plan on recording anything). A tech visit still required to swap hardwired receiver for DVR and ensure operating properly.

So yes, tech may only be there 15 minutes, but still need tech visit....if on coax required to run HPNA test, takes longer.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (220 Views)