Random Connection Drops

Voyager

Random Connection Drops

[ Edited ]

My connection keeps having random drops and it's annoying. Was going to cancel my AT&T but found out there was a monitoring tool. Here are the results.

http://imgur.com/a/1Om1i

Message 1 of 9 (570 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Random Connection Drops

You may have some line problems.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Message 2 of 9 (528 Views)
Voyager

I have done so. How long does it take for them to respond?

--
Phillip Black
North Carolina State University
Economics, History, and Political Science
Message 3 of 9 (507 Views)
Expert

They will generally respond within 48 hours. Be patient.
Message 4 of 9 (499 Views)
Voyager

That 48 hour window has passed.

Message 5 of 9 (458 Views)
Expert

It was mentioned in another thread that the Customer Care team is a bit backed up this week, as they've gotten a higher-than-normal number of PMs recently. Give them some more time, they will respond.
Message 6 of 9 (444 Views)
Employee

What connection is dropping? Wireless!? As post shows no relinks or retrains for 25 days.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 9 (440 Views)
Teacher

I'm not surprised to hear they're backed up, what with the terrible service AT&T offers.  It has been weeks and I still have not heard back.  My internet is so slow it is unusable, and no one seems to care.  Too late for me to cancel without an ETF, so I'm sure thats what they were waiting for, just suck me into the first 30 days then I'm stuck or pay a rediculous ETF

Message 8 of 9 (266 Views)
Contributor

are you using wi-fi connections when it drops? if this is the case you can try changing the wireless channel on your modem access this ip add on your computer 192.168.1.254 this is the modem page in where you can change the settings check this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB420600&cv=812&br=BR&ct=9004433&pv=3#fbid=4CYRy7_il0L ,,, the default settings of the wireless channel on the 2wire modems are always auto this means that it changes everytime you connect to the wifi network the most stable and reliable connections will be at channel 9 tried and tested for a lot provides better frequency and signal with less interference,,if your confused on how to change the wireless channel att tech support rep can do this for you remotely on their end...if your using a wired connection have a tech visit your service address to check on the lines coming from the pole and service box

Message 9 of 9 (253 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.