Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 18, 2014
6:01:23 PM
View profile
Raising rates in the middle of my contract

I am penalized if I break my contract with AT&T, yet AT&T is allowed to raise my rate in the middle of my contract? Unfair! I agreed to a 1 year contract less than a month ago. If I had known that my negotiated rate was not locked in for the duration of the contract, I might have chosen to signup with Comcast.

I am penalized if I break my contract with AT&T, yet AT&T is allowed to raise my rate in the middle of my contract? Unfair! I agreed to a 1 year contract less than a month ago. If I had known that my negotiated rate was not locked in for the duration of the contract, I might have chosen to signup with Comcast.

Raising rates in the middle of my contract

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 2:01:41 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello Zaylyn,

I apologize for any confusion, a commitment period and promotion/offer period are not the same thing. How did you order your service and what plan/package are you on?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello Zaylyn,

I apologize for any confusion, a commitment period and promotion/offer period are not the same thing. How did you order your service and what plan/package are you on?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Raising rates in the middle of my contract

2 of 4 (401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 4:00:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

It is not an original promotion. I agreed to a contract price with discounts to renew my service for a period of one year. ATT says that what I agreed to were "discounts" and that the fine print gives them the right to raise prices. All the sales rep talked about with me was the total, bottom-line price. It is not right for me to be locked into a contract, with penalty, yet have price increased. This is the same as if you went into a store, saw the price tag on an item, and took it to the check-out stand to pay for it. Then the clerk tells you that the price is more than the tag, and since they already rung it up, you have to buy it at the increased price! Deceitful and dishonest!

It is not an original promotion. I agreed to a contract price with discounts to renew my service for a period of one year. ATT says that what I agreed to were "discounts" and that the fine print gives them the right to raise prices. All the sales rep talked about with me was the total, bottom-line price. It is not right for me to be locked into a contract, with penalty, yet have price increased. This is the same as if you went into a store, saw the price tag on an item, and took it to the check-out stand to pay for it. Then the clerk tells you that the price is more than the tag, and since they already rung it up, you have to buy it at the increased price! Deceitful and dishonest!

3 of 4 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 6:18:05 AM
(0)
Employee
Unfortunately while you say it's not fair, it is listed under the terms and conditions http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp under 'Fees and Charges' in the last line of the last paragraph of that section.
Unfortunately while you say it's not fair, it is listed under the terms and conditions http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp under 'Fees and Charges' in the last line of the last paragraph of that section.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (331 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments