Helpful Links

RG Swap without losing recordings

RG Swap without losing recordings

Good Afternoon All!

I've had difficulties with moves so far -- moved twice with uverse service, and lost all recordings each time -- extremely frustrating.

The past two days I've lost television service at my DVR. I went digging in the logs, and saw HPNA throw a couple weird errors, so after I'd already rebooted the DVR, I rebooted the RG, and everything came back.

After an hour on chat, I got tech support to send out a new RG.

My question and concern (as my wife will make us terminate uverse immediately if her shows get deleted again) is whether an RG swap can be done without messing up the recordings.

I haven't seen anyone specifically say one way or another if it does, so I thought I'd ask.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: RG Swap without losing recordings

aggietallboy - Swapping RG does not impact recordings. Only DVR can loose recordings.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Whew Smiley Happy

It seems that the pair/switch that the line is hooked up to in the DSLAM contributes to part of the encryption key... i was worried that the RG was tied into it too.
Message 3 of 6
Employee

Issue with HPNA coax feed RG to DVR, if older RG possible RG is issue, the other possibilty is with coax installed.
The coax itself, ends, splitter, wall plates could all be creating issue but if reboot RG (re establishing connection) logically replace first.
Neither replacing RG or related cabling infrastructure should affect DVR recordings.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6

aviewer wrote:
aggietallboy - Swapping RG does not impact recordings. Only DVR can loose recordings.

While it doesn't effect recorded shows, won't you have to set your recordings again to be scheduled?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

No, no impact. I have had two RGs replaced without any impact to recording. THe scheduling actually stays with a new DVR.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Additional Support